It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kecksburg Update Airing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I cant wait to get a look at the documents that were released, however it may be more interesting to see if anything is blacked out on the papers...

SCI FI Channel will air an updated documentary special on the alleged UFO crash in Kecksburg, Pa., which will include exclusive new footage as well as the results of an online SCIFI.COM poll. The special-edition update, Kecksburg UFO: New Evidence, is hosted by Bryant Gumbel and will premiere Nov. 21 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

The documentary examines the Dec. 9, 1965, crash of an unidentified object near Kecksburg, Pa. The special features new witness accounts and information from 36 pages of NASA documents released in response to the first Kecksburg special, which aired in October and called for complete disclosure from the government. The documents have never been seen on TV before.

In the poll, visitors to SCIFI.COM will be able to express their opinions on a wide range of issues surrounding the Kecksburg crash and UFOs in general.

Source

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hmmm...interesting. I remember first hearing about the Kecksburg incident in '96 on a "Sightings: The UFO Report" film. It was very good, and the incident left some lingering questions (like what were 212 military personel doing there that night?).
I have no doubt something crashed, but I seriously doubt it was extra-terrestrial. And if it WAS, I doubt even more the government would release anything that might support that on this special. 10 to 1 it was a downed Soviet craft of some kind.

But great news all the same. Since I don't have cable, could someone keep me updated on what the special uncovers? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Will this be on the British Sci Fi channel do you know? If so, when?

I don't think we will get anything out of this to be honest, it already sounds quite defeatest to me. Plus, I am sure that if there is ever proof of such goings on or big foot and friends, we wouldnt have to wait for the sci fi channel to tell us as it would be already on the news. Which is why I normally avoid "search for the yeti" shows and so on, unless I hear days before that a film crew has discovered a new species.

This I will be watching though, anything new about teh UFO/Alien phenonemon is especially worth watching!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Interesting....not so much the show, or the subject, but the host....

Starts to confirm something I've been wondering... Is the Sci-Fi channel a willing, or unwitting participant in the gradual acclimation of UFOs being fact not fiction... For example, we're getting away from using sci-fi actors as narrators, and now using actual journalists...(talk about credibility...) To me, this rachets the campaign up a notch or two....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I don't know, I've always found the shows on Sci-Fi of this subject to be really cheesy and commercial, I can never buy it. It just puts me off.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
True, but the recipe of good info acclimation is a pinch of truth with a cup of pizzazz....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I don't know, I've always found the shows on Sci-Fi of this subject to be really cheesy and commercial, I can never buy it. It just puts me off.

Sometimes that's the only way you can get people's attention....

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I doubt the documents are anything worthwhile. When the U.S. Government released Roswell documents a little while ago, it wasn't really that good. They're probably going to say what crashed was some sort of meteor, but I wonder what excuse they'll give for the military being there.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Sometimes that's the only way you can get people's attention....

Yeah, the media loves to feed cheesiness and the general public loves to get fed...

Hope they find out more about Kecksburg and that it's not same old, same old...

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
we wouldnt have to wait for the sci fi channel to tell us as it would be already on the news.

I don't agree with that at all. The news is the last place to find out about these kinds of things because of it's bias...

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What I am really curious about is why NASA has documents at all on an event that the government claims never happened. The gov, I believe said only 2 members of Project Blue Book showed up to investigate and has maintained that those 2 people are the only two US government employees who ever went to Kecksberg to study the event. Witnesses there claimed that they saw NASA personell, identified by the NASA logo's on their clothing, at the site of the crash, on the evening of the crash. I am interested to see if there were NASA people there that night.

Although as has been pointed out, we probably wont get any significant information from this, as if there is something to hide it will remain hidden.

top topics

join