It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Works F-15E1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I met a person at work today that was wearing an interesting jacket... A large embroiderred image of an eagle, and some other images i couldnt quite make out, with the words Phantom Works and F-15E1 around it.

Of course this sparked up a conversation. He seemed pretty cagey to me at the time about exactly what the F-15E1 really was - simply describing as just a testbed for some software and hardware. I really couldn't get much out of him, though i figured it wasn't a very "black" project if there was such an image and specific text on his jacket. Ah well.

Anyway, when i got home, i looked some stuff up and came up with this link: www.boeing.com...

I don't think the F-15E1 has been specifically discussed here, though the technology in general has. Basically, it allows on board autonomous software agents to filter and scout out pertinent data from the GIG. Interesting, no doubt. Usefull, no doubt. But just not quite as exciting as an entirely new and exotic airframe.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by TheeStateMachine]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheeStateMachine
I really couldn't get much out of him, though i figured it wasn't a very "black" project if there was such an image and specific text on his jacket. Ah well.
[edit on 5-11-2006 by TheeStateMachine]

In all honesty, what I read doesn't seem to be a secret program at all! It appears to be more of an upgrade program. If anything, it might be more of a "Corprate" secret aimed at staying ahead of competitors, than a national security secret.

Tim

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Let's be logical here. Why would there be a secret program of an F-15? nothing but a ""simple"" fighter

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Let's be logical here, why would our government make embroidered jackets of a top secret project, lol!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Let's be logical here. Why would there be a secret program of an F-15? nothing but a ""simple"" fighter

It wouldn't be secret unless what had changed within the aircraft needed protection. So what has changed that we do and that we don't know about?

[edit on 11/6/2006 by Darkpr0]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Upgrade of aircraft.
picture link
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 06, 2001 -- F-15E1 in flight in December with Litening II pod.

another story and pictureST. LOUIS, May 14, 2001 -- F-15E1, a Boeing technology-demonstration aircraft, is shown carrying the Raytheon Terminator advanced targeting forward looking infrared pod during an April test flight. Terminator is a variant of the ATFLIR that the U.S. Navy will install on its Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet aircraft.

Boeing F-15E1 Advanced Technology Demonstrator aircraft thats all.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The E1 is a test bed for many different things, mostly advanced avionics and sensory type stuff.
Regarding secret aircraft and such, it is not - however much of the hardware it tests while not a Special Access Program (read "Black"), is certainly classified.

In fact the type of hardware may not even be classified, but the methodologies, technology paths, data results etc would definitely not be for public consumption.

I can see where your acquaintance would proudly be wearing a publicly acknowledged test platform's jacket - but be cautious about discussing specifics.

Been there myself.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

I agree with you!

However, for the sake of an objective discussion, What constitutes a "Simple" fighter?

The only reason I ask is that how you choose to look at things, can greatly change the truth of you observation. For Example: If you difine simple based soley on the avionics being used, you technically could argue that the F-117 Nighthawk was a simple fighter, based on the fact that it was originally built using only "Off The Shelf" components. However, I think we all understand why the F-117 was a secret in the earily 1980's when it was first built!

Tim

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The F-15E1 (AF ser. no. 86-0183) supported the X-45A Joint Unmanned Combat Air System (J-UCAS) program during software-enabled control studies at NASA Dryden Flight Research Center in June 2004.

top topics

join