It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Gamepad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As you all should know, alot of newer model cell phones nowadays allow you to download games from the net to your phone, so you can have something to pass theh time. Okay, I guess that's sensible, but then they came up with something as crazy as this:

www.time.com...

A gamepad to play games on your cell phone???

Why would you want to waste your money on something like that? I mean, there has got to be alot of other sources of entertainment available? You can't really store that many games, unless if you buy a really expensive phone with all these features and stuff. The screen is straining to the eyes because of it's low resolution, and the time you play on it wastes the batteries, which you may need for an important call.

You carry a cell phone in your pocket, which takes up alot of space already. Now you plan to add a gamepad in your pocket ot go with it?

People are forgetting that cell phones are really meant to be used a phones. All these phones now have email, chat, camera, mp3 player, PDA, etc capabilities. But really, do you really need them?

Email on the go is nice, but there's a limit on how the messages can be, and it's annoying how you have to press the down button every few words since the screen is so small and the font is so big. And it's even funnier when you get HTML email.

Chatting on your cell phone? Alot of AIM addicts like to chat for hours, and typing into that tiny keypad is really tiring and costs major dollars.

Cameras. Well, you it is nice having a tiny camera like that, but are the low res shots really worth the money?

MP3 player integration is interesting, but you can't fit as many songs as you like. No memory expansion either!!!

A PDA phone is the most sensible I think. Can't wait to get my hands on one of those in the future.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That's just dumb. Human's have too many gadgets.

Why not spend the research time to create cell phones that can record your face at the same time, so that you can have a face-to-face conversation. Uh oh... I better copyright that.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I guess it is all about whatever people will buy! So some people might not think its so stupid if it sells I guess. Young teens and children may dig it, ya know?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea . . . . if I was 8 years old and had oil tycoons for parents

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by StationsCreation]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
They design this stuff so that you become literally wired to the 'machine.'

In some cases it looks like it is working.

Who knows in future with robot aircraft maybe the tweens will be fighting wars on the way to school via their gyro pda cell phone paks. They can work in groups and rotate in various shifts of duty.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Nokia N GAGE looked really cool but I don't know if it bombed or what.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
the n-gage is starting to be big in the uk.
Kids fighting wars electronically???
Faster reflexes and wont ask questions all they know is there playing a game.

join