It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is up at Area 51 and google earth/local makes it all too easy to see...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
During my mindless surveying of Area 51, i noticed a VERY VERY VERY strange occurence.

I had been on a Area 51 overview on Google local (google earth in the browser) and saw this occur before my eyes
First let me set the stage for you,
We all know what A51 looks like, groom lake dominating the picture, buildings everywhere, towers and the like
If you look to the western "section" you will see a somewhat large road which can be taken as a main route of travel to all the bombing lands and possibly to the south another highway. I had been on this particular view of the overlook of A51 for about 5 minutes and zoomed in on this road, to where it seems hits a small hill range, (i later verified this by looking at a topographical view of it). When i zoomed in all was well, then i refreshed to make sure it didnt freeze up on me and then a patch of land 4 inches wide traveling north and south suddenly appeared, It was a break in the satellite image, there was on the left side the normal imagery, and on the right sight normal, but in the middle was a miscolored crappy image of a randomy patch of land that DID NOT BLEND. I was shocked, I quickly called one of my father's friend who has been working for NASA for 10 years, and the USGS before that. He told me that the government had been known to Edit satellite images at Air force bases when classified projects were being tested or Even when Desert Patches are bombed. I told him what happened and he told me this, Area 51 is on the top 10 most searched for satellite images (DUH) and is known by the public, but they still do tests there (DUHH) which they dont necesarilly want people to see, He told me that in the past years, they have been convoying missles at different airbases and had to completely grey-out the area where they are going.

Interesting find. Is Area 51 transporting missles across the land? Is it transporting it to an under-ground bunker? why would the gov't need to censor this?
Post comments.

I will not, due to the fact that I didn't ask to quote him, mention my father's friends name, I dont want any part of his job being jeapordized due to my postings on an website.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think all you've seen is a glitch on GE, one images being downloaded and shown instead of another. If the governement had censored images of area 51 then why would they be on the Google Earth server to mistakenly download?

I commented on another thread just this week that SpaceImaging, a private satellite imaging company who own and operate their own camera in space, had to obtain a licence from the US government to do so which had the caveat that the government could censor or delete any images that they wanted to or which compromised military secrets. The owner of SpaceImaging has said that even though they have taken many images of Area 51 the government has never got involved or even asked to censor these images. The personel at Groom Lake track the satellites and know when they are coming over so hide any secret aircraft in hangars.

In my opinion its pretty safe to assume that neither the military or government are doctoring photos of Area 51, we are seeing it on GE just as it is in real life (of was when that pic was taken, 2000 IIRC).

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It would've been interested to see pics of what you saw regardless.

Next time why not hit PrintScreen on your keyboard, save it to Paint and upload it
somewhere, if its not downloadable from the site.

I have a file on odd and interesting things that I've saved that may come in handy oneday.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I was going to make a new thread, but figured that this one is a better place for this. The other day I was looking at area 51 in google earth and had the same thought. In the process of zooming in and out, looking at surrounding areas etc. I couldn't help but notice that the plate or aerial image the base falls is on just looks like it was placed there on purpose or something. I know google earth stitches many images together so its not uncommon to see different looking areas like this, but I just thought it was very interesting how the base is clearly on its own plate almost like it was placed there on purpose
I also think its interesting how the plate that the base is on is a very clear high resolution one so you can really see detail vs the plates on each side of it which are not as detailed, lower resolution etc.. Why have the base in such clarity when the photos all around it aren't even as good of quality

I took a screenshot to show what I'm talking about. I labeled the main base, and outlined the plate I'm talking about it. Check it out in google earth yourself

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There's nothing unusual about it.
I was bored one day, so I was looking at random things on google earth.
Then I found the Forbidden City in China. Interested, I scrolled around. Then I saw something very unusual. You know what it turned out to be? Snow.
Everything in the area had been taken at the same time, ecept this tiny patch that was taken in winter.

I think that this is the same thing here. It was just taken at a different time of the year. Mixed old photos with new ones.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong but from your post you are suggesting that there is a direct satellite feed on google earth of area 51? if you were refreshing the pictures etc? for this you would need a geosync orbit of a dedicated satellite to look at area 51 and i'm not sure a government would allow that.

also satellite images break up all the time in which case you have to take the layers apart of the picture one by one and put them back together. I've just done this in my RS and GIS module at university this week

I might have got the wrong end of the stick here if so i apologise

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I commented on another thread just this week that SpaceImaging, a private satellite imaging company who own and operate their own camera in space, had to obtain a licence from the US government to do so which had the caveat that the government could censor or delete any images that they wanted to or which compromised military secrets.

Just out of curiosity gfad, do you have any idea why they had to get a license from the US government only? What about the other 250 or so sovereign nations?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
What about the other 250 or so sovereign nations?

There are 192 countries outside the US.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thanks Gear,

i'm never sure how to Google for such basic facts.

(i was to lazy to count them here)

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Could this be the location of s-4 , claimed by Bob lazar?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Since Area 51 exists, why does the U.S Government deny its existence. Their only igniting peoples interest even more, even mine. Ive been facinated by the fact that a top secret base actually exists and ive thought about taking a trip to nevada and hiking up the Tikaboo range to see the base. At the very least, acknowledge the base exists cause we all know it does.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Blade,

You're about 10 years too late. The US Govt DOES acknowledge that there is a base located in bombing range #51 (AKA Area 51). However, they will not discuss any details about the purpose or activities of the base. And, you used to be able to hike to a point where the base was visible, but they moved the alarm perimeter to include that peak at least 5 years ago. Now the only way to see it with any detial is with Google Earth. Don't waste your time travelling to the Nevada desert just to say you were within a few miles of this place.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by StevexO]

join