It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ghosts Are In a Religious Sence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
RELIGIOUS POINT OF VIEW

To people of religion ghosts are demons.At least the ones who move your pillows and scratch you.In my religion ghosts are fallen angels who were following satan when jesus battled and beat satan.They were banished to Earth where they had no bodies.They hate people because we have bodies and they don't.They only have power if you let them have it.They feed off of your fear.If you don't fear them or just ignore them,they are powerless.

Anyone got anything else?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Who invented the story of fallen angels? because I have not seen that in any bible.

Beside I do not agree with that assessment.

And I am not a relgious person either.

Just an opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
As you see it ,that's how i do more or less,but not only did millions of angels go down with Lucifer there were ones after Lucifer's issue that also "escaped" and came to earth,also these angels were in spiritual form with power and wanting bodies they will lose alot of if not all power if they become human or steal our bodies.

They are there to taunt ,tempt ,well to win our souls for their side,lead us away from God that is their goal,if you were an immortal spirit would you be jealous of a mortal body/flesh when you know you have no chance hitting a deal with God as you already were part of His "Army" then turned on Him ..maybe some would i'd say it would be their 2nd dumb move if so.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Who invented the story of fallen angels? because I have not seen that in any bible.

Beside I do not agree with that assessment.

And I am not a relgious person either.

Just an opinion.

Fallen is a simple word to describe someone/something that fell/lost & more,sure if you google "fallen" you'd get a great breakdown,as you say you never heard or read of a fallen angel i do not know if you misread but Lucifer rebelled against God in His Kingdom by trying to take it from God and so Lucifer was cast out of God's Kingdom,although still an angel he is no longer part of God's Kingdom making him an angel that "fell" ..you ever heard terms eg ; fallen heroes?? fallen kingdoms?? anything that lost,killed or taken down and so on we use the word "fallen"

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolutionary Commando
To people of religion ghosts are demons. Anyone got anything else?

Ghosts are not the spirits of dead people. When someone dies they either go to heaven or hell(hades).

Ghosts and their activity are the impersonating of people by satanic forces. Either fallen angels and/or the disembodied spirits of the giants of Noah's time, who had their bodies destroyed in the flood.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolutionary Commando
RELIGIOUS POINT OF VIEW

To people of religion ghosts are demons.At least the ones who move your pillows and scratch you.In my religion ghosts are fallen angels who were following satan when jesus battled and beat satan.They were banished to Earth where they had no bodies.They hate people because we have bodies and they don't.They only have power if you let them have it.They feed off of your fear.If you don't fear them or just ignore them,they are powerless.

Anyone got anything else?

Well, yeah - I have something different here. lol
First I should say that I don't really like the words ghosts and spirits etc. But, what else do we call them? I don't like the terms that are used because generaly, the terms used have definitions attatched to them that don't match my experience or even nessasarily my beliefs aboutthe things we are talking about.

Of course there are the fallen angels. And there are those unsavory energies. But by large, I think of those energies that are all around us like people - they just don't happen to have bodies anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Luke 10:18 And he(Jesus) said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Isaiah 14:[12] How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
[13] For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
[14] I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Revelation:12[3] And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
[4] And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: ......................
[7] And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
[8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
[9] And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,
and his angels were cast out with him.

It's very clear that this is what happened and that there are fallen angels.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've heard something about this belief before.
What Christian religion specifically believes this? As in what denomination such as Catholic, Methodist, Baptist..etc.?
Or are you saying all denominations believe this?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

Or are you saying all denominations believe this?

Not all denominations know and teach the truth on this subject or others regarding the Bible.

top topics

join