It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School ID Badges Divide Students into ‘Groups’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A school in Montgomery County, Maryland has recently instituted a policy in which each student must wear an ID badge. But what makes these badges different is that they are color coded to identify which ‘group’, or as the school calls it, “Academy”, the student belongs to.

For example, white on your badge indicates that you belong to the Science Magnet school. A color of Red indicates you’re a freshman, black indicates you’re a senior, but not part of the Magnet School etc.

In an era where some students are feeling ostracized more and more and incidents of bullying seem to be increasing, why would a school decide to officially create ‘cliques’ that could potentially increase these types of feelings and behaviors? We have all heard of the horrible school shootings that have taken place in the last few years, and many times the students accused of the shootings have reported being harassed, bullied and singled out.

I don’t have a problem with ID badges – let’s keep the kids safe. But do the badges have to divide the students into ‘groups’?

Source:
WashingtonPost.com

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Public Schools in Montgomery County Maryland are a perfect example of preparing the kids for submission in a police state enviornment... I know, I WENT TO SCHOOL IN THAT COUNTY.

Passes for everything, security everywhere, ID checkpoints, police with guns on campus, black-lid security cameras in every room and hallway secter... the list goes on. And don't think for a second that was all needed; Montgomery County is one of the richest counties in the nation with the majority being good kids.

Neo-fascism desguised as liberalism. Boy do I love the circle known as political category.

History shows us that creating a successful (although always shortlived) fascist movement is about both problem-reaction-solution and incrementalism. Two steps forward, one step back, and so on. 10 years from now, I wouldn't be suprised if security guards were issued police weapons. Oh wait that idea was implemented last week and was all over CNN wasn't it...

I'm sick of this less-liberty for security nonsense; but oh well, hopefully i'll be living in Switzerland before I have to send my kids to an American school. I mean I know no terrorist attack will happen in Switzerland... I mean afterall, that's the country that houses the worlds finances- no outside government would be stupid enough to stage a terror attack on their main bank country... woops I mean Al Quida's holy war doesn't extend to all the Christians in Switzerland and their 13.9% unaffiliated/other religions.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by jaguarmike]

new topics

join