It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little man...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thebox, sorry to anyone reading this since its off subject. But thebox I can't send a u2u cause I'm not high enough with my posts or something. Didn't want to leave you hanging, I'll respond soon enough

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
And was this baby returned? Was this 'little dude' captured?

He was returned. He is my cousin. He is older than me. He was not kidnapped like for weeks. He disappeared just for a couple of hours. He was sleeping on his grandmothers bed then his grandmother went away and when she came back my cousin was gone. She looked for him all over the house.
She was going nuts. All of a sudden she decided to go check her bedroom one last time and there my cousin was, laying on the bed the same way he had been before the little man of the tree took him away.

The little man was never captured. I think he went away. He bothered my cousin when he used to be a little kid, now he is a young man and there are no longer kids living in that house. The little man would not mess with anyone but kids.

He might be forever gone but there is still something weird living in that house and that tree is something you do not want to see.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Where did the wings of the fairies come from? They only seemed to be painted with wings during the Victorian era.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Maybe the wings thing is an affectation. Didn't lewis carol start that off with his book Peter Pan ?

Undertrees I have only seen creatures which I would term as some kind of elves or Leprechauns. I don't know if fairies are like a different type of creature or whatever because I can only comment on what I saw. I suspect others will feel equally limited.

Please tell us more about why you have embarked on this quest about little people ?

What is it's significance to you ?

At least by answering you are one post closer to U2U posting. Perhaps a moderator would be kind enough to give her some extra points ?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Franz von Humboldt
He might be forever gone but there is still something weird living in that house and that tree is something you do not want to see.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a picture of this tree? How about a google earth link?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Maybe the wings thing is an affectation. Didn't lewis carol start that off with his book Peter Pan ?

I think it actually came from the artwork of the Victorian period, atleast what I read on wikipedia. Perhaps someone saw a different creature or it was an attempt to make them more like angels, since originally there was a connection between fairies and angels.

Undertrees I have only seen creatures which I would term as some kind of elves or Leprechauns. I don't know if fairies are like a different type of creature or whatever because I can only comment on what I saw. I suspect others will feel equally limited.

Personally, I think you saw the legit, or original fairies. They began in history without wings and have the description many here have given.

Please tell us more about why you have embarked on this quest about little people ?

What is it's significance to you ?

Magic, simply. Little people, fairies, what have you, have always been associated with innocence and that sense of magic. Perhaps I am looking for innocence lost.

At least by answering you are one post closer to U2U posting. Perhaps a moderator would be kind enough to give her some extra points ?

Dude....Im a guy

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Sounds interesting. Do you have a picture of this tree? How about a google earth link?

The resolution of that area is pretty bad in google earth and I do not have a picture of this tree.
It is a big tree, you know it has a big old trunk, lots of branches and very dark green oval shaped leaves. It is in the front yard. The area around that tree is always dark because the house is sorrounded by bigger buildings.
The foliage is very thick and when you looked at the tree you felt someone was watching you from the top.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Dude....Im a guy

Oy vey.... Scuse me. The avatar caused me to make an assumption.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Lol, it's fine. The avatar actually reminded me of my ex-love

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I knew a girl like that once too. She was into all that fairy stuff and magic. She was a bit bizarre, but a warm and kind spirited person. A fun girl.

Actually make that two women. Couple of years ago I also fell in love with a lady who was into spiritualism. When we bust up I felt such a sense of loss I tried to compensate by embracing her beliefs and searching for someone similar, but it was just a misplaced grief mechanism. One has to go through a period of grief and adjustment to the end of a meaningful relationship.

Ladies like that are unique individuals. they can't be replicated and one must move on. Find one's own ground. One's own beliefs.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good words. It's been 5 years and Im just starting to come to terms with that now.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Don't throw away too many years trying to understand life's mysteries. before you know it your hair turns grey. Get out there and live life undertrees. Don't get hung up on mysteries and conspiracies to the extent that you miss out on life itself.

Sometimes the people we form relationships with have huge impacts and we can't understand when those relationships fail. the important thing is to move on and replace old experiences with new ones and new people. there's lots of time for regrets when you're old and grey. Don't arrive there prematurely.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

-snip-

Words of the wise? Just how old are you? There's plenty to look forward to after life!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

One rather 'typical' autumn morning I was walking along a pathway on the edge of some local woods ... when I saw a small figure dart behind the trunk of a conifer. I thought it may of been an animal of some kind but being just 4-5 metres away I knew it wasn't. I crept in a little closer until I could see the figure pressed up against the trunk. As it came into my field of vision it made a run for it towards the woods and into the undergrowth...

I'm confused by t he geometry here. You were on the "edge" of the woods, and there was a tree between you and the figure. You got a little closer to the tree. how close? the figure then took off and ran into the woods. Would not the conifer tree have obscured your view?

Best thing to do to explain this is to go back there and photograph the scene from exactly where you stood, and superimpose on that the path of the figure as it ran into the woods. Then we can visualize the circumstances better.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
I'm confused by t he geometry here. You were on the "edge" of the woods, and there was a tree between you and the figure. You got a little closer to the tree. how close? the figure then took off and ran into the woods. Would not the conifer tree have obscured your view?

The woods are back to back with a housing estate. The conifer is at the very bottom of a bungalow's garden; backing onto the path that runs between the woodland and the bungalow.

Best thing to do to explain this is to go back there and photograph the scene from exactly where you stood, and superimpose on that the path of the figure as it ran into the woods. Then we can visualize the circumstances better.

It's a difficult one to describe. I shall take some snaps the next time I'm up there and post a detailed account.

[edit on 19/6/07 by thebox]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Interesting subject matter here.. For one I would normally throw this stuff right out the window, and say faires? pixies.. laughable right? Stuff that you find in the mind of a guy who played to much D&D?

Personally I have never seen one in my adult life, however as I child I do have some stories.. After reading the posts it really made me think back to when I was just a baby, and my older sister playing with her 2 friends named Hark and Blue. Hark and Blue where 2 little guys dressed in greyish robes, and their skin was blue, very short..
They started hanging out with me, after my sister started getting older.
We lived out on a Farm in Iowa at that time. I would really like to tell my older sister about this site and get her on here.. Becasue we are both normal people today, have good jobs, pay our bills ect ect..
No mental troubles, no meds, no drugs. And I dont see these guys any more and havent since I was about 6. We moved into the city to, and I didnt see them after that.
When we got older, my sister and I would talk about this.. for a long time we thought it had to do with the Greys.. Becasue there was alot of books and stuff at the time that talked about little blue men that helped the Greys. But it just didnt sit right with both of us, and we let it dropp in the 90's.
Now I get on here today, and happen to read one of Dock6 post.. Maybe I should go back and talk to my sister and share this with her.
Sometimes things happen when you are a kid and you just take it for what it is.. But they where so real at that time.. they told me things that I still remember to this day. And so does my sister.. But we just really kept this stuff to ourselfs, as we know that most would say okay, you guys are nuts.. heheh mostly that what I expect to hear.. But thought this would make a little story to this thread here.. If you want to hear more about Hark and Blue, let me know, Ill try to get my older sister on here to throw in her side of the story..

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I may be a bit late, but hopefully, it will save someone at least some mental anguish.

For background if you've not seen it where I've posted it before I have experieced what people term sleep paralysis for almost all of my life, until very recently. I read that 'faries' which I term as a type of interdimentional traveller (or perhaps inner earth) HATE iron, so keep a piece of iron in the room, like an old horseshoe or wear an iron nail in a pouch around your kneck.

----

To the gentleman who was nearly 'wished' away (and in some respects the OP in that a lot of fairie lore states once discovered, never left alone - also DON'T drink or eat anything they offer you, nor make wishes in their presence, even if just inside your head):

The thing is - SOMEONE asked those people to try and take you, specifically you, so why can't they try again? I think this has some legitimacy because old-timers back in the middle ages kept iron around them all the time, and used to say where to corners meet, there will be a dimensional gate - what's a built in cupboard but several corners? I also think the number of people who see strange # in mirrors has something to do with it (one of my research interests has to do with the fact that MOST of these claims come from people who have cabinet mounted mirrors - more right angles). Scrying also involves mirrors, so perhaps the fact your cupboard had mirrors on didn't help? Just a guess, but there's something weird about mirrors I've always thought and never had any in anywhere I've slept, and certainly never near the bed (always pointed away or turned over). I might be a bit paranoid about the weird side of life since my nighttime visits by 'Shadow People', but I'd rather you felt safe, which I think, is all that is important - YOU have to feel they can't get you, which is why they didn't the first time.

Keep safe, and I'm hopefully as sane as anyone else, but I certainly believe you.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
^
Excellent thoughts and discussions, ej!!. You definitely have done some research on these types of events.

I have HORRID eyesight; but obviously I use corrective lenses. I can't help but wonder if I am a candidate for a visitation; or if I actually have to be using my 'uncorrected' eyesight.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join