It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian vs American News Networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A topic for everyone to give there oppinion based on our two different countrys way of broadcasting news networks; how they capture, influence, and distrubute information.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Rarely do you turn to an American news station and hear about the latest feel good story.

Its always the latest rape, murder, robbery, shooting, car chase, etc.

When you tune to a Canadian news station you hear about old Betty down the road who just turned 112 or how the local elementary school is fund raising to help out their teacher who was just diagnosed with cancer.

Canadian news is sometimes comforting, American news is a scare tactic to keep everyone on their toes.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The CBC Fifth Estate (Lyndon MacIntyre, Terrence McKenna et al.) is the "New" 60 Minutes. I LMAO at Anne Coulter-bot when interviewed by LM... boy-howdy was She out-gunned... Canada participated in Viet Nam? Yes, young lady that is an interesting history that never occurred... national TV too... Oh my! LMAO...

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't know, CBC news is usually pretty grim viewing these days. CityTV however is another story and is a local channel. CBC Newsworld is allright. I like their documentaries they show(especially Holidays in the Danger Zone: Places that don't exist). When it comes to local news, Canadian news beats the American news that I've had the "pleasure" to come across while channel surfing. National News is fairly similiar, except ours is a bit less sensationalized.

top topics

join