It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Jaw Piece I found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
When I was about 10 years of age I went to The Dominican Republic and while I was walking along the beach, I found this weird jaw piece, alone (no other bones there) I am no bone expert so this might belong to any animal, I just wanted to know what it is. If somebody can help me, here is the link to the picture----

Jaw Piece

I noticed that while walking along that beach there were many dogs, but this is no dog jaw, it does not have the same teeth, since it was on the beach, near the ocean, maybe it got washed up. Someone please help, I am very surious to know what it was..or is...whatever.

-Jimmy-

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Looks like a beak? Maybe some kind of seagull? I'm not sure though.

Cool find though

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I suppose, but birds don't have teeth, nor do they have bones in their beaks. So that is out of the question. iT's the teeth which seem odd, they look more human then anything. Anyways, anybody else has possible solutions?

-Jimmy-

(more on Beaks)

[edit on 25-9-2006 by Jimmy910130]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Dolphin, Whale or possibly even some kind of cow. hope that helps!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It might be a cow, I remember seeing a few in a field where some kids were playing baseball. But what would've happened to the other bones? The cow didn't just lose part of its jaw and walk away.(IF it is a cow!)
Here is a link to a skeletal descriptive pisture of a cow---

Cow Skeleton

Notice the upper jaw really looks like my picture. I think this might be busted!

-Jimmy-

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It might be a cow, I remember seeing a few in a field where some kids were playing baseball. But what would've happened to the other bones? The cow didn't just lose part of its jaw and walk away.(IF it is a cow!)

Yeah but didnt you say you found it at the beach with a few dogs around perhaps the tide washedb them away with help of some rabid dogs who may have helped scattere other remnants.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Aaaahhh, didn't think of that. Thanks! and the dogs did look really hungry..Poor cow... I'm glad I wasn't their to see that feast! I feel bad even though I eat a lot of meat lol... Anyways, thanks for the help!

-Jimmy-

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
To me it looks like a fragment from the lower jaw of a juvenile horse. I could be mistaken though. It is also very similar, like others have said, to a cow's lower jaw.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
1st there is nothing in the image to denote size by way of a known object. Is the piece from the lower or upper mandible? Most modern mammals have teeth that are shaped much like ours so that doesn't help. Marine mammals and fish have quite different dentistry. And the canine teeth are long and sharp on only some animals. These are absent in the picture anyhow. Frankly with human population almost everywhere it could have washed from from anyplace.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am pretty certain it is a cow. At first I thought it could've been a horse like you said, but there was none around, as of it washing up from anyplace, I would doubt that is possible, especially where we were located; Puerto Plata, because any water current (Beaches, rivers and lakes) go towards the ocean, not all the time but mostly. I am preety sure it was a cow because also there was a couple cows nearby where I found it.

-Jimmy-

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yes it certainly looks like a cow jaw bone or possibly goat?

But if you think that's strange, I once found a human femur bone on the beach

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
that is strange...very strange...

-Jimmy-

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Yes it certainly looks like a cow jaw bone or possibly goat?

But if you think that's strange, I once found a human femur bone on the beach

Ha, you think thats strange. I once visited a website where this young guy told a story about how ten years previous he found a part jawbone and kept it!!!!

[edit on 10/10/2006 by JebusSaves]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I once read when I was wayy younger that a person had found a decaying corpse and ate it...It is really disturbing, I still think about it today. And it is cannabalism, but when a corpse is decomposing and decaying...that just becomes insane....

-Jimmy-

join