It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Explosion Right Before Impact? (Theory)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What if it had been automatically controlled, or just precise timing from a human being, to blow up the plane right before impact, blowing pieces away from the building and the rest was destroyed by impacting the building and in the flames. Of course, the hole in the wall would be (A) Nose cone, (B) One of the engines, (C) your ideas...

But if there is evidence enough that this theory isnt possible, then I would like to close it.

Any ideas on this thought that the plane blew up right before impact?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Actually what if a 757 really did hit the pentagon. And the automated surface to air defenses, stationed in arlington national cemetary, fired at the jet and the missle followed the plane into the pentagon, and detonates a few seconds after the plane hits the building.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hmm.. let me watch the still frames again and see if i can draw a conclusion to that

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Actually what if a 757 really did hit the pentagon. And the automated surface to air defenses, stationed in arlington national cemetary, fired at the jet and the missle followed the plane into the pentagon, and detonates a few seconds after the plane hits the building.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

What automated defenses? I'm still waiting for someone to show ANY picture of missile launchers anywhere near the Pentagon. I've asked for proof of them in at least three threads, and there hasn't been ONE picture of anything even RESEMBLING defenses at the Pentagon.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Zaphod-
It's because there aren't any.

BigMoser, while I don't personally think your theory is correct, I don't think there's a way we could really disprove it. The mighty three frames we've got really don't show much other than an explosion, and although I wanna say it's exploding outta the Pentagon, again the video doesn't help much. Nothing wrong with researching it some more.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
What automated defenses? I'm still waiting for someone to show ANY picture of missile launchers anywhere near the Pentagon.

Maybe they are classified. Obviously this one on the Barton parkway was added after 9/11. I guess the military never thought that staging surface-to-air missiles to cover the nations capital before 9/11 was a good idea?

Washington DC area commuters driving down Barton Parkway in Potomac, Maryland, couldn’t help but notice what looked like a box like missile launcher on the grounds of the old Naval Surface Warfare Center.

It turned out that NORAD (the North American Air Defense Command), was in charge of the launcher, and was not saying anything. However, a little research revealed that the mystery launcher was the surface-to-air version of the U.S. air-to-air AMRAAM missile.

The missile has a fifty pound warhead, and can take down just about anything that flies, including wide-body commercial transports. The AMRAAMs outside DC are apparently for defense against suicidal pilots, or any unauthorized aircraft in the area that refuse to leave restricted air space.

www.strategypage.com...

In fact, special preparations had been made to prevent just such an attack prior to 9/11. Ronald Reagan had made provisions for troops protecting the White House against terrorist attacks to stand by him at his second inauguration with a surface-to-air missile launcher. As early as 1999, according to the chief of security at the Pentagon, they were on “Delta Alert”, their highest level of readiness, based on phone bomb threats by Muslims, and had installed special radar and cameras on the roof of the building “so they don’t try to fly a plane into the building". In October of 2000, the Pentagon organized a security drill based on the scenario of a plane attacking the building. The Pentagon has had surface-to-air missile ports in the inner courtyard area since the 1950s.

www.911citizenswatch.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A missile launcher (as mentioned in the article you quoted) is pretty obvious. You have the radar, the missile launcher, and support vehicles. Not exactly the kind of thing you can hide somewhere people won't see it. It should have been seen on Google Earth, or by someone at some point in time. But yet, nothing shows up anywhere, except for the occasional "The guy giving the tour said" story.

Those missile ports would be for Stinger MANPADS systems, which aren't gonna do anything to stop a 757 at the speed 77 was at, and they wouldn't even SEE the plane if they're in the inner courtyard, IF they even exist.

[edit on 9/12/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
A missile launcher (as mentioned in the article you quoted) is pretty obvious. You have the radar, the missile launcher, and support vehicles. Not exactly the kind of thing you can hide somewhere people won't see it.

How about hiding it over in Arlington National Cemetary which is right across the street from the pentagon. It is directly controlled, including limited access to the general public, by the military.

A plane and a missile would explain several of the conflicting eyewitness accounts, including the accounts of a secondary explosion.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
And google earth, and other sattelites? It would be pretty obvious that SOMETHING was being hidden there, if you couldn't actually SEE the missile launcher.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
John Lear has a thread here stating that the Pentagon explosion was six minutes early... I forgot the details, but it is worth searching for and reading.

top topics

join