It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the WTC steel???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Since I have been asked, BS and slaps, how old are you, what do you do for a living and what is your educational background. Starting to get very curious.

Not sure about BSBray but I know Slaps is a Mechanical engineer. Don't know how old they are either but I believe Slaps said he has been working for an engineering firm for at least a decade.....so that would put him at around 33? I hope I'm allowed to talk about others members in this way...if not mods please delete.

Although you didn't ask me but my age is 33 and I'm a civil engineer with structural emphasis. My current title is project coordinator (fancy words for structural engineer). I have worked as a geotechnical engineer (foundations) for 6 years and as stuctural engineer for the last 4 years. But, I am not a PE...yet. I'm taking my test in October (if the board approves my application...it was a couple of days late) or April of 2007....they only offer it every 6 months. Don't know why I felt the need to give a biography but there it is.

As far as the steel goes....I've heard many conflicting stories...it was smelted in China, given for a commercial building, laying in a field somewhere etc. At least you (esdad) have come across where some samples could be attained from. I applaud you for that....keep up the good work in finding the truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Alot of it was sent to China sice next to the US, they are the largest comsumer of raw steel.. More was also donated to create structures in the US. I know some was also kept for testing and other reasons by our government.It has gone to India, South Korea and even mexico I read somewhere.

Also, why would I derail a thread I started????

[edit on 8-9-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I know some was also kept for testing and other reasons by our government.

.25%-.5% according to FEMA and the NIST...

You think that is enough? Really? The NIST does not.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts

I know some was also kept for testing and other reasons by our government.

.25%-.5% according to FEMA and the NIST...

You think that is enough? Really? The NIST does not.

That is really sad. If you're correct that only .25-.5% of the steel collected was used for testing and analysis and the rest shipped off, then what's that to show with respect to getting rid of the steel and destroying the evidence - honestly.

If this is true, I hold less scrutiny on the NIST for their research and hold it more on those who authorized the disposal of the steel.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
If you're correct that only .25-.5% of the steel collected was used for testing and analysis and the rest shipped off...

Just because they had it doe not mean they even "tested" it for anything. It ALL should have been catalouged..

A study by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), which commences in August 2002 [National Institute of Standards and Technology, 8/21/2002; Associated Press, 8/21/2002] , will have 236 pieces of recovered steel available to it. Of these, 229 pieces are from WTC 1 and 2, representing “roughly 0.25 percent to 0.5 percent of the 200,000 tons of structural steel used in the construction of the two towers.” [National Institute of Standards and Technology, 9/2005, pp. 85 pdf file]

<< 1   >>

join