It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob the 'Rubbish' to clean up Everest!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Everest is having a late late spring clean thanks to Welshman Robin Kevan from Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys. Seems he likes cleaning up after the climbers and why they cant take thier litter home I dont know!

I'm adding the Welsh connection as Everest is named after another famous Welshman George Everest.

from bbcnews.co.uk
Mr Kevan will fly to Nepal in October and then trek to Everest base camp at 5,380m (17,600 ft).

How much longer must Everest be abused by climbers? There's tonnes of litter up there! TONNES!!

Good on you Rob!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good on Rob,a true global warrior

Maybe he could use some help cleaning from all those hippie climbers

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Way to go Robin.

A few days ago I was waiting for a bus and this old woman walking up the street was picking up every bit of litter she could see. I watched her as she put what she collected into a trash can and I could tell she had seen better days and was a bit down on her luck. Just the fact that she cared enough about our community to keep it clean made me reach into my pocket and hand her $5.00 and thank her.

Her eyes lit up over the unexpected gift, and I know she'll be picking up more litter tomorrow.

A heartfelt thank-you to Robin for cleaning Everest, and a thank-you to the unknown woman for picking up litter in my neighbourhood.
Every little bit helps.

join