It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as academics claim 9/11 was 'inside job'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Professor Steven Jones, who lectures in physics at the Brigham Young University in Utah, says the official version of events is the biggest and most evil cover up in history.

He has joined the 9/11 Scholars for Truth whose membership includes up to 75 leading scientists and experts from universities across the US.

Prof Jones said: "We don't believe that 19 hijackers and a few others in a cave in Afghanistan pulled this off acting alone.

"We challenge this official conspiracy theory and, by God, we're going to get to the bottom of this."

Source

The heat is on.

It appears that on this anniversary of 9/11, the debunkers are now coming out by the dozens...Not just your Alex jones of the world, but scientists, who have studied how this all could have transpired.

Perhaps THIS be the smoke screen to deter the latest findings?

Or will the time be ripe now for another attack to silence the non-believers?

In any case, this September 11 will surely give us somethings to think about.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
More power to them, I hope they stick to actual issues rather than use their time to launch farfetched speculation.

Or will the time be ripe now for another attack to silence the non-believers?

You probably didn't mean it that way, but a lot of CTers actually want another event like 9/11, because they see 'victory' as having more on their side than against. Dead civilians, whether here in or America or in the UK, whether from government-sponsored terrorism or radicals, are not a victory, no matter how many opinions are turned as a result.

Victory will be getting to the bottom of things once and for all, and punishing those responsible, whoever they turn out to be

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What does it take to be an "academic". I took jogging in college. Was my gym prof an academic?

Funny things from this article.

Prof Jones said: "We don't believe that 19 hijackers and a few others in a cave in Afghanistan pulled this off acting alone.

These people were not cave dwellars nor under funded.
Isn't this the exact same arguement that people against any conspiracy use? The Bush admin had only been in office 9 months when this happened. Was that enough time to plan and execute such a plan when such an "idiot" as Bush is proclaimed to be, is at the helm?

They believe a group of US neo-conservatives called the Project for a New American Century, set on US world dominance, orchestrated the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to hit Iraq, Afghanistan and later Iran.

A fairly bold gambit as all Iraq had to do was comply with the United Nations mandates to prevent any justification for an invasion. They strangely played along.

He maintains jet fuel does not burn at temperatures high enough to melt steel beams and claims horizontal puffs of smoke seen during the collapse of the towers are indicative of controlled explosions used to bring down the towers.

What is this man's qualifications to make such an assertion? Does he have the results of scientific experiments? Is he a structural engineer or metalurgist? Does he have training in building demolition that let's him recognize "horizontal puffs that are indicative of controlled explosives"? Anyone can say anything. My mailman could say the same statement.

Professor James Fetzer, 65, a retired philosopher of science at the University of Minnesota, said: "The evidence is so overwhelming, but most Americans don't have time to take a look at this."

A retired philosophy professor? Who is he to comment on my "lacking in enough time to look"? This guy is no more qualified to comment than the guy who picks up my garbage.

But University of Wisconsin assistant professor, Kevin Barrett, said experts are unwilling to believe theories which don't fit into their belief systems.

Ohh another "academic"..assistant professor of what? The door swings both ways. Those that expect a conspiracy will not believe the scientifically proven explanations because it doesn't fit into THEIR belief system.

the 9/11 Scholars for Truth is urging Congress to reopen the investigation claiming they have amassed a wealth of scientific evidence to prove their version of the terror attacks.

This I agree with. If the have the scientific evidence they say they have, it should be analyzed. I am not ready to unwaveringly believe anything. If they say they have a wealth of evidence, it should looked at have the correct conclusions made one way or the other.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Apoc]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc

the 9/11 Scholars for Truth is urging Congress to reopen the investigation claiming they have amassed a wealth of scientific evidence to prove their version of the terror attacks.

This I agree with. If the have the scientific evidence they say they have, it should be analyzed. I am not ready to unwaveringly believe anything. If they say they have a wealth of evidence, it should looked at have the correct conclusions made one way or the other.

"Belief is the enemy of knowledge"

true enough. too bad you aren't really taking it to heart.
you 'believe' a retired professor is unfit to see a pattern in the general populace, and take it as an insult to you personally.
i won't point by point your whole post, but it 'felt' angry and slightly irrational(see above sentence).

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Not a plug, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the official line towers check EVERYTHING on:

www.st911.org...

and

www.journalof911studies.com...

..If they believe these guys are a bunch of know nothing, unqualified losers... you will be suprised.

join