It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cnn to air original 9/11 coverage on 5th anniversary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i saw a commercial yesterday on cnn. this coming september 11th, the 5th anniversary of the attacks, the cnn network will be airing the ORIGINAL 9/11 coverage in real time starting at 830 am. [eastern time i assume?]

heres a link for more info
news.yahoo.com...

the one thing i wonder about, how much coverage do you think will actually be cut out? remember all the people saying they heard multiple explosions, the reports of flight 93 being shot down, all the various reports that day that dont coincide with the official story. i would be amazed if cnn actually re-aired the complete and total coverage of that day. anyway im going to watch it, i urge you all to do the same

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This will be on CCN, not thier site right? Cause I really dont understand the site.. it sais something about the crap at ground zero then talks about the original stuff on the site.

Any idea on it??

::EDIT::

You should have added this in the 9/11 area, not WOT.

[edit on 9/5/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
it will actually air both on tv and on the internet. the streaming video component of the cnn website, which is normally a pay service, will be offered for free on 9/11

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok thanks man.. How long is it supposed to be.. from beginning to end? or are they going to cut out the good stuff?

Cause You know.....

Anyway they might do it all.. They are pretty good with the 9/11 Truth movement.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
from what i read it will be 830 am to midnight. i couldnt much information about this on the cnn site but its not the easiest site to navigate. googling works better. i dont know what if anything will be cut out but i wouldnt be surprised if they cut out things like the fireman saying "theyre gonna pull it" iin reference to building 7, or anything that can be construed as looking like an inside job, be it true or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm sure a few commercial breaks will cut a few interesting things out; and anyway the whole worlds seen the planes crashing into the towers so many times I doubt there's much to say about that.

I think it’s a good CNN idea. However I find it interesting how they (government and media) always want us to be thinking about terrorism. Does anyone have any statistics of the chances of being killed by a terrorist? That's part of how I would like to reassure the public on 9/11.

Hay just imagine if they played a few original speeches of George Bush linking Saddam with Bin Laden and WMD’s on the Iraq anniversary?
Or the white house during Katrina (actually I guess that’s harsh)

But after the 9/11 tapes they should certainly make the public more aware of the 73 thousand plus people who have lost their lives in the War on Terror afterwards.
And with so many people dead the public must be safer right? Is this called taking the battle to the enemy? Perhaps they should play that speech too? It could be followed by some other random footage (Iraq on any random day in the news).

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
However I find it interesting how they (government and media) always want us to be thinking about terrorism.

I just watched Bush's speach (part of it) and what I saw was ALL about terrorism. Is this all they have to offer? I'm really sad at the way my beutiful country is turning. And now they're playing 9/11 Overture...oops I mean the 1812 Overture. I'm sick of hearing that song also after Bush speaks. Again, I'm highjacking the thread....my bad.

As far as the coverage...let's see what they actually do cut out before we jump to conclusions. Will they have comentary while things are going on or will they just show it as aired? This will be interesting to watch. Let us not forget all those who lost their lives almost 5 years ago.....that's the main thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i read it will be aired in real-time. in other words, exactly the same way you would have seen it on sept 11 2001. that is what it makes it so interesting. that is also why i wonder if anything will be cut out.

and about what liberal1984 said, your right your chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are probably really low, however if you live in a major city, [ny,la,phoenix] im sure the probability goes way up.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Now, I'm still watching C-span and Sen. Dick Durbin is on. He's a democrat....all he's talking about is 9/11 and terrorists. I have to ask.....is everyone really that scared of the terrorists? If so, I have to say WTF? Live life...

...Ahh now Sen. Tom Carper (democrat) is talking about ......whatdoyouknow.....9/11 and terrists....jeeze.

The only difference between the republicans and democrats is that the republicans are saying that they are doing everything they can to protect us but the democrats say they aren't.

On topic....I didn't get a chance to watch 9/11 live that day because of work, so I'm counting on you guys to tell me what was cut out and what wasn't.

join