It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 Fall TV Season, Is There Anything Good ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've been looking through the new fall line-up, and really, it's looking bad.....

You can see the full schedule here:
www.metacritic.com...

A lot of stuff I like is coming back, but I want a new sci-fi show that I can get into.
So far I'm looking forward to "Jericho" on CBS, the ads they're running are pretty compelling.

Things are quiet and peaceful in small-town Jericho, Kansas, but when a baffling explosion occurs in the distance, Jericho's residents are plunged into social,psychological and physical chaos. No one knows what to think, and fear of the unknown takes over the town, especially because its isolation cuts it off from outside help. When nearly everything they know seems gone, will the residents of JERICHO band together to face their unfamiliar and mysterious new world? Skeet Ulrich ("Scream," "As Good as It Gets") stars.

www.cbs.com...

What do you want the networks to run ?

Does anyone see anything new that's worth watching ?

What are your fall picks for what will live and what will die ?

Have you finally had enough of this damn fad for "Reality Shows" ?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else, but I love to watch the "biggest loser" It'S amazing to see how heavy they are in the beggining and to see how much weight they have lost by the end of the show.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I don't know about anyone else, but I love to watch the "biggest loser"

I don't want to be rude, but are you overweight ?
Is that the reason the show attracts you ?

I just think that show is catering to fat Americans that can't lose weight themselves, but viewers get to experience a weight-loss program vicariously through the people on the show.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No, there is nothing good on TV.
Turn it off(your computer too) and go outside. Saved my relationship.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I love Prison Break. That show keeps you on the edge of your seat every single week! I believe the first season is now available on DVD.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing Heroes. I've seen the pilot and I think this show is going to be pretty cool.

[edit on 2/9/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Galactica series 3. Starts October on the Sci-fi channel, maybe the same time on Space (in Canada). Only thing worth watching on TV.

You still have time to obsessively watch S1 and S2 on DVD just to ensure you're up to speed!

TD

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Originally posted by jensouth31
I don't know about anyone else, but I love to watch the "biggest loser"

I don't want to be rude, but are you overweight ?

No, My borther in law actually watched it, He's not fat either BTW, and he was at my house one night when it came on and asked to watch it... and we liked it. It gives you someone to root for just like Survivor does....I also like Survivor. I don't think anyone has to be fat to root for a heavy person to lose weight. Good for them

My daughter works at LAFitness, and they are excited for it to start too...it means people will be buying memberships. I have a picture posted. BTW Are you fat??? Do you have something against fat people?

I also like CSI Vegas.... are you going to ask me if I'm a criminal too?

[edit on 9/2/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There are new shows this fall that are going to be great. I have also seen the pilot of Heroes, and like Umbrax said, it was great. The pilot for Traveler was also great. Jericho should be a good show. Runaway also looks great. Six Degrees and The Nine also look good. Vanished is also a great show. Kidnapped looks like it should be a good show. These are all the shows I think will be good.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to Lost and 24 starting up. Doesn't it seem like everything is starting later than usual? I thought some new stuff would have started already. And YES! I am so sick of reality shows!! The only one I'll watch is Survivor, but that's because I'm in a pool for that. Makes it a little bit more fun that way. Vanished looks kind of good, but I never know when it's on and forget to watch it. As far as Sci Fi goes, I really wish they'd make another Star Trek show. Sigh.

top topics

join