It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which films...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
which films, books or tv programs do you think most accurately portray what the not too distant future will be?

i think somewhere in between terry gilliam's 'brazil' and george orwell's 1984 (minus the sex side of the story because sex sells nowadays so it would be encouraged) is looking very likely to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
THX 1138. (the original short anyway)

Well, maybe thats too far in the future.

I think that the world that is the background in the newer Manchurian Candidate is a good representation of what things will be like before long (that is to say, minus the brainwashed politicians who are slaves to a corporation, well, at least not brainwashed in that way).

Then Minority Report would be a good representation as technology progresses, minus the 'pre-crime psychics' of course, but the prevalence of tracking technology, etc, is an inevitability.

But we can allways hope that it all ends up something like Star Trek one day!

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How about brave new world by huxley? Good book, and you have to take drugs
as well! Soma i think its called.Which is also good song by the strokes an all!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
THX 1138. (the original short anyway)

I think that the world that is the background in the newer Manchurian Candidate is a good representation of what things will be like before long (that is to say, minus the brainwashed politicians who are slaves to a corporation, well, at least not brainwashed in that way).

Then Minority Report would be a good representation as technology progresses, minus the 'pre-crime psychics' of course, but the prevalence of tracking technology, etc, is an inevitability.

But we can allways hope that it all ends up something like Star Trek one day!

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Nygdan]

THX 1138 - i hope not - id look terrible in a white jumpsuit

newer manchurian candidate? theres some that would say why bother when you can have the real thing without the expense of brainwashing? they're not that hard to bribe/own

minority report - minus the bathing pre-cogs.. arent we there already? most of that technology is available today. also, judging by some of the posts on here we now are predicting what people will do in the future and suspecting/arresting them accordingly

and lets not forget about promis

new topics

top topics

join