It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian floods worsen, 4.5M people homeless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Indian floods worsen, 4.5M people homeless

Swollen rivers swamped thousands of villages and towns across India's south and west on Wednesday, forcing 4.5 million from their homes as rescuers struggled to bring them food and drinking water, officials said.

More...

What a mess...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I was out in Pune 3 weeks ago and I have never seen rain like it

One of our offices was caught in floods there last year which rose as high as the 4th floor. We're all a bit concerned about colleagues out there right now. Hopefully the rains will subside.

It's only when you have visited these places that you can really imagine the impact these events will have on the locals people.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is very very sad. I cannot imagine what it must be like for those people.
I feel almost guilty sitting in my comfortable home with all of it's creature comfors worried about gas prices climbing so I can drive to work to make my money and drive home again and play on my computer and sleep in my bed meanwhile there are these terrible circumstances that affects millions daily.

These people are going to go hungry and get sick and cold. I feel so terrible for them.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Even though torrential rains are common during the Monzoon... I think these rains have gone much further... 4,5 million people homeless!

This is Not usual.

join