It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deciphering CT word salad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
word salad is a pet peeve of mine and 911 CTers seem especially enamoured of word salads to hand wave

here is what word salad is , for the uninitiated :

Word salad is a string of words that vaguely resemble language, and may or may not be grammatically correct, but is utterly meaningless.

some of the examples used in 911 conspiracy theories that make me want to reach down the information super highway and disebowl offenders are :

#1 nano thermate

#2 DU explosives

so - the challenge is simple -- define the terms listed
thats all you have to do

any debunkers present are more than welcome to add more to the list

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
#1 nano thermate

Thermate defined by Steven Jones in his paper:

Thermate is a high-level thermite analog containing sulfur developed by the military (see
www.dodtechmatch.com...). Thermate combines aluminum/iron oxide (thermite) with barium nitrate (29%) and sulfur (typically 2% although more sulfur could be added). The thermate reaction proceeds rapidly and is much faster than thermite in degrading steel leading to structural failure.

Source. It comes under "2. Observed Temperatures around 1000°C and Sulfidation in WTC 7 Steel".

And the "nano" aspect of it, also from Jones' paper:

"Superthermites" use tiny particles of aluminum known as "nanoaluminum" (

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What is the point of this? These terms are meaningless outside of their context. If "DU Explosives" is jibberish, so what? Who said anything about DU Explosives, and how does rejecting the idea of DU Explosives get us any closer to the truth?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
appologies - the actual term used by CTs was " DU warhead " - i really should be more attentive when ranting , mea culpa

BSBRAY11 :

the real life research [ some of it conducted post 9/11 ] that jones poins to - does not create a magical " nano thermate " tat posesses the properties jones wants of it -- it is still thermite -- an incendary compound that will simply not preform what jones wants of it -- despite hanging the latest buzz word of " nano tech " -- as a prefix -- like a magic panacea that handwaves away all previous objections just because its " nano "

as for jones " evidence " of thermate - it seems to me that he is ignoring the claimed barium content of his thermate mix -- or perhaps handwaving it away .

barium would be a much less likey trace element to find in other WTC debris -- and if it was present in WTC steel ,

the fact that jones fixates on sulphur , which is present in many TWC materials makes me leery of his " evidence " for thermate

i have only skimmed his papers -- and used " find word " in the pdfs -- but i cannot find any mention of him finding barium in his samples -- even thoufg he cites it as an component of his " military thernate"

NYGDAN :

the point is , if they are using gibberish terms and made up nomeclature -- then the mere fact that thier terms are nonsensical fabrications strikes to the core of some of thier arguments

you cannot contend that the " purple chicken did it " theory should be condidered if purple chickens do not exist

appologies to both of you for the dardiness of this reply

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the point is , if they are using gibberish terms and made up nomeclature -- then the mere fact that thier terms are nonsensical fabrications strikes to the core of some of thier arguments

So what about the terms themselves is nonsensical? Look up nanotechnology. Anything about it, really.

In your last post, when you talk about nano-thermite, it seems to me as if you think that the "nano" property of it is created by the reaction itself. Correct me if I'm wrong, and if you have been across actual tests of nano-thermite (in which case, your whole argument makes absolutely no sense, because this would obviously be a REAL TERM).

In the image above, you see a dust mite standing over extremely small gears produced with nanotechnology. The idea with nano-thermite, is that the aluminum and iron oxide particles that make it up are also extremely small (read the above excerpts from Jones' paper), and these very small particles allow greater exposure between the aluminum and iron oxide during the reaction. This way, the reaction can take place much more readily, and Jones thinks, more violently. The whole thermite reaction is after all based upon the exposure of these two substances at high temperatures.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
above top secret conspiracy community.

perhaps a word salad menu should be added to the site.

the principal of nanoparticle thermite is the same as the principal of atomising fuel before igniting it. the larger surface area allows for a faster reaction.

it is not, 'word salad', it is 'science'.

DU warheads? never heard that. i hear DU ammunition all the time, though. i've also seen all kinds of pictures of 'mutated babies'(it's on the menu, right beside 'momentum', another favourite CT mystery term) caused by all the bonus radiation so liberally sprinkled on the 'enemy'(anyone who is nearby is the enemy, because radiation has no prejudice or politics).

join