It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States return to the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Check out this article is says that Bush is thinking about starting up the Moon missions again. I think it is a pretty good idea. It could get the space program on the right track again and get the public interested in space travel again.

Article: www.spacedaily.com...

So what do you think?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Finally, after all this time, the US is going back to the moon. With the latest in technology, I'm sure we'll get alot of good pics of the moon bases and stuff up there. I wonder what craft they'll use to get the astronaunts up there? What about the food, are they gonna use those meals-in-a-toothpaste-tube things like they had back then?

I don't know why, but I have this obsession with MREs (meals ready to eat). I've always wanted to try them, but no where practical to get them but on the internet.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
,mmmmm mre'sss

i have a friend at school that knows a p[lae to get MRE's here in frisco, ill ask him

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe since China has announced they plan on going to the Moon in the next couple of years that the advisors for Bush have told him that he should start the program up again so the U.S. space program doesnt look like slackers.

And oh yeah for MRE's you can find a boat-load on Ebay or just order a survivalist catalog on the net.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It would be a great idea to start training astronauts on working on other planets and the dangers that go with it. Also testing new technology before they get to, say, Mars and finding out it was a wasted trip. If we are going to explore other planets, the first stage I think is to head back to the moon and refamiliarize ourselves with the idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
w00t!!!

Go Bush!! We gotta prove that we've been to the moon!!

As for MRE's there is a store in my town that sells them. Shipped straight in from a survivalist catalogue. They are called Military Surplus, I don't know if they have a website though...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
but the thing is, is the amount of money that there going to be speding going to the "moon" worth it??

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think right now the most beneficial thing space travel has brought us is technology. Micro-gravity is great for science experiments. It would be great if we were to get a interplanetary exploration and start with going back to the moon. The money for man to explore the solar system is well worth it

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It is definetly worth it. There are tons of resources in space. Once we just get the ball rolling, the cash will start pouring in. (or at least for a few lucky corporations)

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I support this and hopefully this will be a multinational undertaking.

I always said that the Americans should administer the program and develop the concept while the europeans design it and the Japanese build it and with many other countries paying for it or doing their own little part.

Hopefully Canada will be involved and we do a lot of space work up here btw as it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I double-dog dare them to go back to the moon.

join