It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunfish now off coast of UK.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Giant Sunfish have been spotted by marine survey teams off the coast of Cornwall, UK.

Giant ocean sunfish have been spotted off the Cornish coast in a survey of marine life.

Nineteen sunfish, generally thought to be a warm-water species, were spotted off the south-western tip of Cornwall.

Sunfish feed mainly on jellyfish and are thought to be following anticipated jellyfish blooms as the summer sea temperatures rise.

The same survey, carried out last Thursday, also detected basking sharks, porpoises, seals and jellyfish.

Source: Sunfish in UK

I find this fascinating that our waters are heating up that much it is attracting this kind of sealife. For those who have'nt had the oppurtunity to see these maginficant creatures in thier usual environment, it must be an absoloutely amazing event.

CX.

GSA

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We were flying over the sciliy isles when we saw this 'thing' in the water - about 15 feet across disk in the water - we all screamed floating UFO!, when it fluttered and swam away... I was freaked to say the least, but now I know after reading the locals paper that they were sun fish - and that was last year in the summer.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Speculation has it the Great White may also be making a new home here

www.wildlifeonline.me.uk...

[edit on 28-7-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I guess the UK is becoming part of the Carribbean due to global warming...of course that's only until the Gulf Stream system collapses and you all freeze to death! Heck, this is getting confusing

join