It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bigfoot be evolution in progress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
With scientists recent confirmation of Darwins theory of Evolution with the evolving finch on the Galapogos Islands this past week, does anyone find it plausible that "bigfoot" sightings are nothing more than evlolved apes who have had a Dawning of Consiousness or perhaps slight physical characteristic changes, i.e. larger head, different gate than modern ape. Based on the facts we have (which are few) the rate at which evoulution can take place can happen as few as several generations (based on evidence from the Galapogos finch). It may also explain why "Bigfoot" remains elusive. A smarter animal that may have only severa living relatives. Just a thought.Relating article

[edit on 18-7-2006 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Big foot could be anything to that respect. To know for sure would be to catch one. Until then, all thoughts may be futile. The finches are cool though. AAC

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I must agree that's a viable theory, much in the lines of the "Bigfoot is the missing link" theory. Well, either way round it's highly likely that Bigfoot and humans are related. The question would be whether humans went through a "Bigfoot" stage of evolution or if "Bigfoot" is a subspecies of a common ancestor we have...?

Sigh. Thought provoking stuff.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Based on the descriptions, I dont believe its evolution.. (I dont believe in the bigfoot, but i will explain as if it did excist)

First of all the upright position, ie. walking exactly like a man, takes a whole lot more than a few generations. You can argue that some apes, like chimpanzees already do this, but they are nowhere the size of the bigfoots, so I expect them to be gorillas.

Secondly, the supposed intelligence of the creatures also takes quite some time.

Actually, if the bigfoot really excists, I expect it to be a homo derived creature, but the fur has me pussled...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Actually, based on the New York bigfoot video, it looks to me like they're an evolved form of gibbon. Long arms and the ability to swing in trees when they're young makes me think that they came from an early form that split off. We lost the ability, and they kept it. I bet we share a common ancestor to humans, but an ancestor much older than the ancestor we share with, say, chimpanzees.
en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: BTW, Every living thing is evolution in progress. And evolotion has been confirmed for a long time. No particular find says "A-ha, finally proof of evolution" because every bone or fossil they find is an example of an evolutionary step.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
With scientists recent confirmation of Darwins theory of Evolution with the evolving finch on the Galapogos Islands this past week, does anyone find it plausible that "bigfoot" sightings are nothing more than evlolved apes who have had a Dawning of Consiousness or perhaps slight physical characteristic changes, i.e. larger head, different gate than modern ape. Based on the facts we have (which are few) the rate at which evoulution can take place can happen as few as several generations (based on evidence from the Galapogos finch). It may also explain why "Bigfoot" remains elusive. A smarter animal that may have only severa living relatives. Just a thought.Relating article

[edit on 18-7-2006 by kleverone]
I remembered Darwin actually descrediting his own theory on evolution and that was why he became a christian.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by UnstoppableForce]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Did he tell you that? I remember Darwin believeing that evolution through natural selection was the obvious answer to the state of living beings today. I guess our memories cancel each other out, so lets start back at point zero.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I could be wrong. That's just what I remember.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

...does anyone find it plausible that "bigfoot" sightings are nothing more than evlolved apes who have had a Dawning of Consiousness or perhaps slight physical characteristic changes...

I'm not sold that the Bigfoot population is large enough to support the type of "recent" evolution you're talking about. If I have my Darwinian theory straight, evolution occurs when a genetic strength becomes a dominant feature of a population...and individuals not possessing that feature are weeded out.

If there's one thing we know about the Sasquatch it's that they do not have a very large population, and therefore would be subject to an incredibly slow evolutionary process.

However, if the Sasquatch is simply a human being in the evolution slow lane, then there must have been a distinct difference in species to begin with...that is to say, there must be a specific reason why the gene pool (and as a result, the evolutionary process) was not initially shared between the Bigfoot and the Human.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnstoppableForce
I remembered Darwin actually descrediting his own theory on evolution and that was why he became a christian.

The exact opposite actually. The further he went with his theory, the less christian he became. At the end of his life, he did not believe in god.

Just took a class in Evolution at the university..

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by UnstoppableForce

The exact opposite actually. The further he went with his theory, the less christian he became. At the end of his life, he did not believe in god.

Just took a class in Evolution at the university..
Ah, I see. My bad then.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That's sad. A hairy monkey is an evolution of a human? Even worse then humans coming from monkeys. When people see bigfoot they report the smell of sulfur. What else smells like sulfur? Hell. And where do demons come from? Hell. The people of Nepal call it a "rakshasa" which is Sanskrit for "demon".

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowPath
Even worse then humans coming from monkeys.

Evolution never said that and I have a hard time believing that a literate person would fail to understand that. But this thread isn't about whether or not evolution is correct...

Vas

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Humans never came from monkeys we are primates. Bigfoot is bigger than us, stronger than us, likely to be faster due to a greater stride, and emits a smell which is a natural deterent to predators.
Why couldn't he be an advanced human.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

Even worse then humans coming from monkeys.

Evolution never said that and I have a hard time believing that a literate person would fail to understand that. But this thread isn't about whether or not evolution is correct...

Vas

If your so literate how did you miss the point of what I said? My statement didn't try to argue if evolution is true or not. Read it again a little more careful this time.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

That's sad. A hairy monkey is an evolution of a human? Even worse then humans coming from monkeys. When people see bigfoot they report the smell of sulfur. What else smells like sulfur? Hell. And where do demons come from? Hell. The people of Nepal call it a "rakshasa" which is Sanskrit for "demon".

How do you know "Hell" smells like sulfur? And is "Hell" the only other place that smells like sulfur? What about a Sulfur mine? Or a mineral pool? I think you are drawing conclusions without exhausting any other theories based on your sulfur claim.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

How do you know "Hell" smells like sulfur? And is "Hell" the only other place that smells like sulfur? What about a Sulfur mine? Or a mineral pool? I think you are drawing conclusions without exhausting any other theories based on your sulfur claim.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by kleverone]

Because God said so in the Bible bro. Something our brainwashed american generation doesn't know anything about. Your free to believe what you want to believe and live how you want to because that's the way God made it. Life is about choices. God gave us free will. But regardless of what your choices are remember 'every dog has it's day' and 'we ALL must meet our moment of truth. One love bro.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thats cool that you think the Bible is literal truth, but that is where we disagree. So I guess we have to agree to disagree.

join