It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this creature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When I visited Cheju in South Korea back in '95 I stumbled across this creature in what seemed to be some kind of marine museum. The image shows two huge eel-like creatures preserved in some kind of liquid in a long aquarium. You can see the picture I took of the cretures here:

img161.imageshack.us...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
hmm... ot a creature i've ever seen before, looks like a sea serpent like thingy.
But i'm sure it's just something that it's a normal animal that was already discovered

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Think its called a ribbon fish..summat like that anyway.. definately been discovered, and definately pretty odd. If memory serves, which it probably doesn't, I think they swim vertically, kind of drifting.. anyway..sure theres lots about them in marine biology sites..Cool picture though!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by willspring
Think its called a ribbon fish..summat like that anyway.. definately been discovered, and definately pretty odd. If memory serves, which it probably doesn't, I think they swim vertically, kind of drifting.. anyway..sure theres lots about them in marine biology sites..Cool picture though!

Oarfish. Yeah, they've been videoed as swimming vertocally, sort of like a seahorse. I guess that makes sense - with as long and thin as they are, side-to-side undulation would probably only cause injury.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Maybe just a really big eel? Eels get petty big!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's an oar fish! And they get even bigger!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
haha i've seen this picture so many times. Imagine that thing bitting your worm on your fishing line, 'Hey Ma! I think i got some...oo my line broke off...'

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Looks like a bird to me

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i cant really tell though in japan you will see lot of strange stuff
check this out from australia
australian-animals.net...

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Looks like an oar fish as someone pointed out earlier

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Looks, to me like a big eel, but it could also be a oar fish

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It probably is an Oar fish..There is so much unexplored seas and ocean that there might be fish 15 times bigger then that still out there.

-Jimmy-

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
It's an oar fish! And they get even bigger!

YEE YEE! the famous picture,the thai people all believed it was a dragon/naga
paya nak or something like that..

Usually whenever one comes up and shows itself [before it dies]
or if one dies on a country's shore..something bad is going to happen..

i heard about oarfish occurences and read a lot about them showing up and die and then natural diasters happen a lot but i don't remember the links

they kept record and everything

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Just imagine what we will find when we will b able to go to the deepest waters in the world! Oarfish the size of navy ships!:O

join