It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 front war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What do you guys think about a 2 front war with North Korea and Iran? Can the US sustain that kind of man power? assuming all diplomatic options hit dead ends and a coaltion was formed? I am sure a draft would be needed? But could it happen if the American people fully supported the efforts?

I think we could do it. We would lose men and it would be a tough battle, but the US could prevail.

Comments guys?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sure. No problem. But be prepared to send at a minimum 10% of your population. With N Koreas chemical, bacterial and nuclear weapons they can kill millions of soldiers at a time. I do guess you're not suggesting US will use such weapons, for the aftereffect would rain down on the ally in South and other neightboring countries...

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Ghaele]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yep I think it�s a really good idea, America can take on the world, I say go into as many countries as they can and spread themselves really thin.

It�s only North Korea and Iran so no problem.

Man power! A draft! Another good idea (hell I like you) yes you should gather up all American kids aged 18 � 29 and send them into another war with another country they can�t even point to on a map.

Nb25 you should run for president.

Ooh wait�..What if (just a thought) this new country you invade start fighting back and firing missiles in your general direction, its not going to be like playstation then, I mean these will hurt.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thats why I said if diplomacy fails. I will probably be part of the forces going in as I am only 17. This was hypothetically speaking of course.

Why are you guys so negative, sure its a doomsday secnario.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Because if you really think about it, it�s not a real question that needs to be asked.

Look at what�s going on in Iraq, are you guys seeing/hearing the same news we are?!, you will NEVER win that war, the war never ended when bush got out of a plane on an aircraft carrier, the war just started for the other side at that point.

Why can�t you understand the modern war and stop listening to fox news alerts

17 year old American teen - Your fellow country men are dying in a country they know nothing about, in a war they were told was over, by an enemy they can and could never understand, at the end of a gun your father built in a factory for $12 an hour to feed you.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
hold on there cowboy!!! I got many friends I know who are in Iraq, 2 of my friends have brothers in Iraq and I know them very well, they have told me the mission in Iraq is a noble one.

America could pull off a 2 front war.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Remember them bunch of rice eating, no shoe wearing little brown-ish people from Vietnam, well they won because they were fighting in and around their homes, if you take on any other country in this world and the battlefield is in America, then yes you could fight and maybe win on two fronts.

Listen �cowboy� if your going to fight another country in their land, make sure you do it Via L.A.N or not so local area network, because that�s the only way you are going to win, the clue to this is in the fact they live there and another one of their army willing to become a suicide bomber and take his/her very life for what they see as �the cause� is born every hour in a hospital your army is helping to maintain.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Whoever wants a two front war is insane, and whoever wants a single front war is just as insane.

America is not invincible.
America will not be on top forever.
America will not stand for an unjust war after Iraq.

There will be no two front war unless it's against China and Russia because America went too far.

You shouldn't even entertain the idea of a doomsday scenario because it is quite rediculous. It's people who pray for these doomsday scenarios who come believe in preemptive strikes that will bring the end of America sooner.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I dont doubt that the US military could defeat Iran and North Korea in a convental war but the problem would be what would happen next.

Iran would be much like post war Iraq in terms of the security situation. The US military cant even contain the insurgency in Iraq so how would they do it in a larger countrie ?
. North Korea would be interesting I dont doubt that there would be some kind of insurgency that South Korea would have to defeat. Korea is culturally differnt to the middle east it would be interesting to see what effect this would have.

A united Korea would suffer on the econmic front for a long time but the countrie isnt short of cash. Hailburton wouldnt be needed when it came to rebuilding northern parts of the countrie.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by xpert11]

[edit on 12-7-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If any country can pull off a two major front war it is the U.S. U.S. military planners have always acknowledged the possibility of armed conflict in multiple parts of the world at the same time. Accordingly they have designed their forces to handle such a situation.

If there was a two front war, you would not see the tip toe approach we saw in Iraq, where we tried to minimize infrastructure damage in our initial assault. There will be quick major destruction of both countries civilian and military infrastructure to bring the battles to a head. If you are in a war against two countries at the same time, you at the very least want to knock one of them flat on their face as soon as possible.

Let's hope negotiations work, the other option isn't very nice for anyone.

new topics

top topics

join