It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A problem of mine that seems to be a conspiracy unto itself!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hi guys

I'm looking for images/photos/scans of NY newspaper front pages from the MORNING of the attacks on September 11, 2001 -- the newspapers that people would have been reading on their way to work before the planes hit the towers.

The pre-attack front pages that I'm specifically looking for are any/all of the following: The Washington Post, The New York Time and/or The Wall Street Journal.

Believe it or not, I've been searching full-time for 4 days and cannot find a single one of these covers/front pages -- not even when joining up on each of the paper's sites, or when searching newspaperarchive.com or any of that stuff.

I can find thousands of front page pictures of the 'Extra' editions of those papers from that day, concentrating on the attacks -- but none showing the papers that detailed the last morning of pre-911.

I called the papers themselves and I can get a reproduction made for a few hundred bucks, but I don't have the time or money for that. I don't need it as a memento -- I just need an idea of what the front pages looked like on that morning.

If anyone can help me out, I would be forever in your debt.

This is driving me crazy!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Get some copies from Sept.10---probably not much different

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Have you tried a library? They keep all that stuff- at least a city library does.

join