It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

military aircraft...google earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think this is an interesting discovery...maybe someone can tell me what I'm looking at here...Not only the airfield, but the black donut thing in the background...what is that?

what do you think?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Could you give us the coordinates of the airfield you found this at?

It does not look like repairs, and it is probably not a target, so I'm really not sure what it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Can you tell us the airfield that your looking at ?

I'm calling this as an eperimental anti-grav aircraft that uses a type of magnetic coil for lift.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Very interesting ..... whats the Coordinates ?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Looking at the colouring of the planes, could this be a NASA test facility?

Not sure about the "donught"! Possibly some sort of inflatable storage unit!!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What you're looking at is the Moscow Air Museum, situated to the North-West of Moscow city centre. Co-ordinates are - (How do you do the 'degrees' symbol?)
55 47'23N by 37 32'17E

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The circle has a diameter of almost exactly 40 metres.

Yup, the Moscow Air Museum, located on runway 09 . . . which is odd, because to approach 09 you should have to approach from the east . . . but nm.

Perhaps it's just a quick fix to get the runway in operating order? as it seems to be the only working runway there.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ahh...Air Museum hey? Snoogans...ahhh that's not very exciting

Well, you got the coordinates dead on! Let's see if you can tell me where this is?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Nice find, nice pictures too.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think the last batch of images is from the Eastern Russian territories. Backfires right? Also not far from Russias eastern coast is a large concentration of operational Bears as well as a few bases with many many fighter assets. I think Russia is Still worring about a US attack I see.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yup, Tu-26 Backfire. At first I thought they were Blackjacks, but no. VoiceofReason, why are you so interested in these bases?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Oh I'm not really interested in the base... I just got into google earth and been having fun with it...randomly flying over cities. I thought these places were cool.

I just wanted to see if anyone could tell me what kind of planes those were.

I've got some pretty cool shots of the Nevada desert around area 51....some freaky # out there...lots of strange geometry on the ground. Is there already a thread with area 51 photos?

(actually...I'm intrested becuz ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!)

[edit on 6-7-2006 by _VoiceOfReason_]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just wish that google earth WOULD UPDATE THEIR AREA 51 PHOTOS ALREADY! These photos are like from the late 90's! Update 'em already!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The 'donut' looks like it could just be something on the ground, it certainly seems to have liquid streaming away from it, perhaps the two white things are trucks or something along those lines, spraying something on the tarmac or some such?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Looks like the black ring is just asphalt paving. Probably just repairing cracks. I think some airports have huge scales installed under them to weight the aircraft before taking off. Maybe they just repaired it? Not sure..

Anyway.. my all time favorite place to look at, for aircraft, is the Davis A.F.B. in Tucson, Arizona. Its just the aircraft graveyard, but its insane to see how many jets the US Military had at one time. I wonder about the amount we have now, I'm always amazed when I'm aboard an aircraft carrier.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
which one of those do you think is flight 93 considering it was only decom'd in 05.
If anyone read the Alex Jones Article, It shows the description of "Cancellation Cancelled Exported To " as to the fate of this plane.

I dunno , seems like it could be lying there in that yard somewhere. It doesnt exactly look like a used car lot where you can go for a browse on a Sat. Afternoon.

Link to P.P. article for reference sake[url=http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2006/060706Registrations.htm]http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2006/060706Registrations.htm[/ url]

Sorta off topic but not really.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
this might seem a silly question, but how do they get these huge broken planes to these places?? surely they don't fly them...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
They're broken up after they get there. Davis Monthan keeps them in flyable storage for a certain number of years, then they destroy them. Some are stripped for parts, some are just destroyed. The B-52s they took a big crane with a guillotine shaped blade on it, and chopped them in front of the wings, and right in front of the tail.

Since some of the plane types are still in service, they'll strip all the engines, and obscure parts (like the whickets and doohickies) off the ones that go into the boneyard and keep them in storage for when they need them.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thankyou.. now i see

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join