It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible 2nd North Korea ICBM Facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I was browsing Google Earth and came across a suspicious looking facility on the East coast of North Korea. Coordinates: 39 deg, 39'28.24" N, 124 deg, 42'22.17" E.

You can clearly see an underground hardened complex, possibly a missile assembly facility, and, what appears to be a launch pad under construction.

I have screenshots, but it might take me a while to figure out how to post pictures.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here are the photos. First image shows a possible launch pad under construction. The second appears to be an underground complex, also under construction. The third pic is the general location of the complex, as is the fourth image.

Anyone got any comments?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly. I also mulled over that whole area and came to the same conclusion. Very modern and very hardened to my untrained eye. Also the whole south regions are bustling with Military buildings and forces. Some of the Southern isles are literally large Fortresses. They look to be planning for a large fight of sometype. Not the signs of a Peacefull Society by any means. They cant feed their people but sure can produce much militarily. Should be mentioned next time they want food or energy aid.
IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here's a few more images. First is the areas I've found so far. If you get a chance, I recommend taking a look at the AN-2 facility. There are about a hundred AN-2 Colt bi-planes, some hidden, others in the clear.

The second pic is a topographical view of the launch site to give a better view.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Interesting. Looks like it could be.

Hey Shadow you see all those placemarkers you have on North Korea, you can't upload them for me can you ? Not sure how to, People on google earth forums upload folders of placemarks. If you could it would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
Interesting. Looks like it could be.

Hey Shadow you see all those placemarkers you have on North Korea, you can't upload them for me can you ? Not sure how to, People on google earth forums upload folders of placemarks. If you could it would be appreciated.

I'll see what I can do... I got about 50 sites, mostly airbases. I spent a while last night plotting a bunch of tank positions on the DMZ.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Cool, thanks. I've got a few folders of "US Airbases and things like that, mainly get them off the Google Earth Forums, but not sure how to upload folders of placemarks myself.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here it is... North Korea's new launch site called Tongchang-ni. I found it three years ago under construction and posted the photos on here. I finally found this old post. Globalsecurity.org has new photos of the site that clearly show a moveable launch pad and the site is being prepped for the supposed 4th of July launch.

new topics

top topics

join