It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tries to jump WH fence.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
How high exactly is the Whitehouse fence just out of interest? You'd have thought in this day and age the perimeter would be pretty much impregnable.

The Secret Service apprehended a man who was trying to jump the fence on the south side of the White House Sunday.

Secret Service spokesman Tom Mazur identified the man as Roger Witmer, 44, of Washington, who faces charges of unlawful entry and disorderly conduct.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Sometimes these stories remind me of the old intruder stories at Buckingham Palace. Tourists jumping over the walls, climbing trees to get in and other basic methods of entry. Millions spent every year on security and they have'nt thought of raising the fence a little bit or sticking something on top to prevent people getting over.

CX.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
How would you do it? Walk up to the fence, and begin climbing.

Of course, you usually get tacked as soon as you're on the other side, but you never know . . .

Ahh, I see that guy didn't even make it over. Hehe.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
That's one sure fire way of getting your a$$ kicked
I wonder what he was thinking???

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Maybe he kicked his football over????

just an idea

CX

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Maybe he kicked his football over????

just an idea

Lol yeah, apparently George Bush came out waving a stick shouting "Get down your own end, i know your mum and dad!

I think you have to have something wrong upstairs to think that you could overtly get into the Whitehouse grounds without being taken down fast and hard. Plugging the fence into the mains might be a good start!

CX.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That is such a stupid thing to do. Why would someone be so idiotic to try something like that

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't know either, but will admit to looking forward to it happening every year at least a handful of times. For some reason people just don't bother with the front gate or wait for a tour. There are tours of the Whitehouse, and at least that way they are already inside instead getting smeared by SS on the outside. LMAO

Common sence is not very common.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I went on one of those tours of the Whitehouse when I was six or seven years old. I did not feel good during the tour, so I decided to just lay down on the floor in the middle of the tour
This is a true story

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
In the pre 9/11 era I heard something about some drunk college kids daring each others to see how far they could trespass the White House lawn before getting tackled by Secret Service. It seemed like fun and game at the time. I believe you can get in big trouble for trying that stunt today.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

see how far they could trespass the White House lawn before getting tackled by Secret Service.

lol, I could just imagine that. You get 20 metres inside, and suddenly this bear comes of of nowhere and slams you into the ground, breaking who-knows-how-many bones, while your mates are on the other side of the fence screaming with laughter.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Back to the question, the white house fences aren't very high at all in some spots. I remember walking around the White House and if I wanted to I could of just jumped up and made it over in like 1-2 steps.

I'm not the kinda person to do that though

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
shold have a reality show 10 yard beatdown seeing how many yard they can get to b4 ss tackles their butts lol

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
shold have a reality show 10 yard beatdown seeing how many yard they can get to b4 ss tackles their butts lol

Don't give them any ideas

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I,m gonna put WESLEY TWO SCOOPS BERRY against all the security guys..

two to one to get indoors in the whitehouse

join