It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Fastest for 20,000 Years - and it is Mankind's Fault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is a draft report by the worlds top climatologists...wasnt supposed to be reales till next year but a copy was leaked...the following is an article about the report that sums up some of the more important points but also points eraders in the direction of getting thier own report. This report may finally be what mutes most of the nay-sayers when it comes to Global Climate Change.

Published on Thursday, May 4, 2006 by the Independent / UK
by Steve Connor

Global warming is made worse by man-made pollution and the scale of the problem is unprecedented in at least 20,000 years, according to a draft report by the world's leading climate scientists.

The leaked assessment by the group of international experts says there is now overwhelming evidence to show that the Earth's climate is undergoing dramatic transformation because of human activity.

A draft copy of the report by a working group of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) states that concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane and other greenhouse gases are at the highest for at least 650,000 years.

It predicts that global average temperatures this century will rise by between 2C and 4.5C as a result of the doubling of carbon dioxide levels caused by man-made emissions.

These temperatures could increase by a further 1.5C as a result of "positive feedbacks" in the climate resulting from the melting of sea ice, thawing permafrost and the acidification of the oceans.

The draft report will become the fourth assessment by the IPCC since it was established in 1988 and was meant to be confidential until the final version is ready for publication next year.
www.commondreams.org.../headlines06/0504-08.htm

This is not so much scary but more an affrimation for what many of us have known for a long time....human beings affect thier enviroment in negative ways and the way weve been treating the planet for the last thousand or so years is just not going to continue to work if we as a species want to survive.

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If we put aside the affects of greenhouse gasses and figure out what else cause warming what would that look like?
1. How much heat comes from each car in 1 day or 10 miles of driving?

2.How much heat does each home let out each day?

3. How much of a affect does every mile of pavement have on raising the tempratures?

4.How much heat does the human body expell each day?

This is just a start but maybe someone who likes math would like to play with these questions.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It doesn’t work like that most heat travels through the atmosphere to space so that point is irrelevant.

I wonder how much money was wasted to state something science has known for 50 years the earth is on a warming trend, just like it has done many times before and the rate hasn’t changed for 1000 years. I wish governments would give me thousands to say the earth is warming wow.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

If you engage in excessive quoting, you will receive a "warning" and points penalty. Examples of what would cause a warning for an excessive quote are:

Quote the post immediately before yours: This doesn't make much sense, but if you must quote the post before yours, please quote just a small portion.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I read the report and I see NO evidence that humans are causing destructive "global warming". I see various conjectures. I see the word "probably" alot but no FACTS.
This is BS. The source website is a leftwing rant site with a political agenda. There is no human caused destructive global warming and the scary thing is whenever science comes out that goes against the whole man-made destructive global warming myth, it is censored.

www.cato.org...

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Apoc]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by engenerQ
I wonder how much money was wasted to state something science has known for 50 years the earth is on a warming trend

The natural pattern of climate alteration is actually set such that the earth should be in a cooling trend. We're in an interglacial period, in which, for a long time now, there has been a general rise in temperature.

and the rate hasn’t changed for 1000 years

This is the rate of climate change for the past 1,000 years.

www.bom.gov.au...
weekendpundit.blogmosis.com...

Apoc
This is BS.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, thats a fact. Man puts lots of CO2 into the atmosphere, thats a fact. There's also a warming trend that cannot be explained by the usual controls and drivers of climate. So whats the BS here?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i heard that the readings for the temperature change where wrong and that the sattelite monitoring it went out of orbit and read wrong measurments and that global warming sint really happening! is this true? EXPLAAAAAAAAIN!

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You've completely misunderstood what happened with the satellites.

The satellites were reading nightime temperatures and reporting them as daytime (essentially).

That means that they were reporting erroneously cool temperatures. There was still an increase, even in the cooler than reality temperatures.

With the corrected data, we see even more warming than was realized.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The NOAA say humans are causing global warming too and it's effecting the Altantic Basin.

ATS NOAA: Human Activity Heats Up Hurricane Alley

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My understanding is that each warming phase accelerates the next even further due to cause and effect. The more fresh water added to oceans will change the currents thus changing weather.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The climate pattern is very natural and the climate cool down is not supposed to happen for ~200 years. I do believe that humans have had a impact but far far from what people propose. Humans put thousands of tons of CO2 in to the atmosphere, alright now if you figure how much every mammal, reptile, and aerobic bactera careate in volume of CO2 what humans produce is not verry much in comparison, ya don’t forget the trillion fish.

Nygdan I looked at bouth your links the first is kinda funny the whole left of the graph is best guess and the right where is spikes up rapidly is a future estimate like it says. The second is a carbon 14 graph…..not sure what that’s all about but when you look at the first there seems to be a lack of the “little ice age” idk if its just me and I cant read it but it seams to be missing a significant data “chunk”

What is neat to think of if humans have had that much of a impact that means we are going to hold back a ice age…..if there is a ice age humans would find it very hard to survive as a species. So in a sick way if we are having that big of a impact we could be saving us as a species.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom

Er, I though God created Earth and also Mankind? so obviously we should all be blaming God for not anticipating that sometime down the line Mankind might need to do things that involve consuming of earths resources.

OK I'm being facetious, I admit it (plus I can't resist a swipe at the Bible-believers) but if we assume for even half a nanosecond that God created the Earth then why is He off the hook for not forseeing what Mankind might do?

CX

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Pretty much another case of we destroy everything we touch.

It's quite sad to read posts like this, if there is a creator i'm sure that he only gave us a miniscule life span in relation to the earths because he'she knew we'd totaly wreck the place if we are around too long! Maybe he'she is hoping that the next bunch will be better!

CX.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
20,000 years, huh?

And how long has Man been studying the science of weather and climate change/shift?

Accordingly, and besides all the global warming hype, fearmongering, and the ever-continuing tendency to "let's blame Man" for something "we" have no real clue about being the study of climate change is a relatively very young science, I did find it interesting that some scientists have asserted:

LONDON (Reuters) - Climate shifts were probably responsible for the extinction of the mammoth and other species more than 10,000 years ago, not over-hunting by humans, according to new research published on Wednesday.

Radiocarbon dating of 600 bones of bison, moose and humans that survived the mass extinction and remains of the mammoth and wild horse which did not, suggests humans were not responsible.

"That is what this new data points out," said Dr Dale Guthrie of the University of Alaska in Fairbanks.

"It is not that people weren't hunting these creatures. But climate would have reduced the numbers considerably," he added in an interview.

Various theories have been put forward to explain the disappearance of the mammoth and the wild horse, Equus ferus, which coincided with the arrival of humans from central Asia in North America more than 12,000 years ago.

Climate killed off mammoths, not humans: scientist

And all this time, I thought ONLY Man caused climate change?

A load of hot air?

Hardly a day goes by without a new dire warning about climate change. But some claims are more extreme than others, giving rise to fears that the problem is being oversold and damaging the issue.

seekerof

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
The NOAA say humans are causing global warming too and it's effecting the Altantic Basin.

ATS NOAA: Human Activity Heats Up Hurricane Alley

Ran across this (linked below) a bit back, Regenmacher, may be of interest to you or NOAA?
Monster Hurricanes: Study Questions Linkage Between Severe Hurricanes And Global Warming

seekerof

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think its Bush's fault.

Just kidding.

Frankly, i think its a combination of man and the natural process the Earth goes through every so often.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Suppose everyone stops immediately all activities that allegedly cause "global warming"? What happens to the world then? Riots, starvation, epidemics, you name it.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Seekerof hit it right on the head humans in there infinite knowledge think that we are responsible for all sorts of things. Some of the best meteorologists can estimate the temperature 24hrs in advance within 5 degrees and the whole of global warming is thousands of years…..we do not have the data to predict that many variables.

When you try to predict the climate of earth you need to take in the WHOLE history and when you look at it recently the climate has been very stable and even a 10 degree rise is just a drop in the bucket.

Man is putting many tons of CO2 in to the air plant life has increased in fixing the carbon and had created a better climate for plants. Just to put things in to perspective there are over 1 trillion fish in the 7 seas…..do the math on how much CO2 fish create it’s a very large number…and then compare that to how much industry creates..

What we have to do is minimize what impact we do have on this earth.

top topics

join