It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
that it is possible/plausible that we are actually seeded on Earth by aliens, or alternatively originated from bacteria travelling on an asteriod that collided, etc?

----
ugh i cant work out how to make a poll... just post a reply with your opinions or something, please

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by browha]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here we go again....

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
Here we go again....

Well why not? I think it is one of the most interesting and important questions that we see on this site, yes, we see it quite regually but obviously people are missing it so it may be worthwhile for it to cfome up several times a year for new thoughts from new minds to become involved. Also, i am sure many of us are coming to (our own) new conclusions about this subject regually.

As far as teh qyuestion is concerned. Ive already answered this 3 times on this site, i'll be #ed if i am going to repeat myself again!

(i would really but too tired now, going to kip. Will put my thoughts forward soon. Till then, yes, I think it is a highly credible suggestion, but wether we were brought here, genetically modified, from what, with what etc is something that needs a lot of time and thought putting into it, I have neither, so i just hope a few others will have posted proper top thoughts on this by tommorow)

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Bow to our alien gods!!

Give them sugar

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sounds very plausible but I'm a christian and not allowed to believe such things.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I believe asteroids are the logical tools alien races would use to seed other galaxies.

They would be cheap to produce, Set up a small base on a small moon. Mine lumps of rock, inject them with bacteria. Use a solar array to power a magnetic launch device. It could be automated and send out hundreds of thousands of rocks a year. This would be much cheaper and use far less resources than creating guided, powered missiles with bacteria dispersing devices.

So, in essence, I agree with you.

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I believe asteroids are the logical tools alien races would use to seed other galaxies.

They would be cheap to produce, Set up a small base on a small moon. Mine lumps of rock, inject them with bacteria. Use a solar array to power a magnetic launch device. It could be automated and send out hundreds of thousands of rocks a year. This would be much cheaper and use far less resources than creating guided, powered missiles with bacteria dispersing devices.

So, in essence, I agree with you.

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by Zzub]

I think thats a very interesting idea.

Would it be fool proof though? I woudl think it would still be quite a gamble.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I doubt ETs seeded this planet with life. I think microrganisms hitching a ride to this planets on comets and asteriods is a possibilty. When Columbia broke up they found some worms that were part of the science experiments had survived the firey re-entry, this could suggest that organisms deep within an asteriod could survive the entry into Earth's atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee
Sounds very plausible but I'm a christian and not allowed to believe such things.

dont take offence by this.. but if god didnt come from earth he is an alien.. and the fact that he created earth means that he didnt come from earth ...

so he is in fact an alien...

do you understand?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
no I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's possible that life on earth came from space. I'm not sure if I really belive it but it is possible.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
quote: I believe asteroids are the logical tools alien races would use to seed other galaxies.

Thats exactely what happened on the X-files episode called 'Tunguska' ! Alien bacteria was inside an asteroid that hit EArth and thus the alien virus was spread. It would be a possible method used by aliens. I love the X-files. . . . .

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You're on the right track but do you really think bacteria can survive on a burning meteor entering our atmosphere? A comet! Yes, a comet DOES carry microscopic organic life, NASA will be testing the debris from a comet that will land in Oregon or Utah in a couple years, sorry no link but it's not hearsay.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A very horney french ancestor of mine did it.
you're not heavy, you're my brother.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
bacteria can survive 1.5 million G's

9 G is the limit for us

But life still doesn't come from space.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
One thought of proof for the bacteria survival of space itself, is that one of the techies sneezed on the equipment (apparently) for one of the space shuttles or an apollo mission, etc, and when it went into space and back, the viruses/whatever were still able to be resusictated, like cyrogenic freezing
personally, I think we were more likely to have been accidently created by an asteroid which just happened to have bacteria on it, rather than an alien seeding

top topics

join