It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for experience..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'm looking for someone who has enough experience in the paranormal area..it's a subject that has captivated me but it's not really accessible to everyone.. so if there is anyone interested in teaching me somethiong about it, please use my yms ID: sahura_zone.. or at least give me some names: books, studies, anything..
and by paranormal am actually referring to ocultism more than other branches...
thanks for taking the time to read this...

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I have been thoroughly researching the paranormal in my spare time for the most of my 'conciously aware' life (After I started to think for myself at age 13). I'm now 19. I started off with an interest in aliens and ghosts, moved onto magick and psychic abilities, got interested in astral projection/out of body experience (which is the topic that I'm still most interested in to this day). I spend a lot of time looking for spiritual truths like "the meaning of life", etc. over the years as well. I have a good grasp around the majority of religions and spiritual ideologies. I've gradually become more and more skeptical, as will you if you research the paranormal long enough.

If you have a question about any aspect of the paranormal, I can probably answer it for you. Not to brag, but I am pretty much a walking paranormal encyclopedia. You will find that there are dozens of other people on this forum who are the same way.

The best way for you to go is probably just to make boards here so everyone can give input on your questions. Be sure to search first though, because someone else has likely already made the same topic.

If still want to contact me, unfortunately I don't have YIM. But I'd be happy to add you on MSN or AIM if you have one of those.

When you say you are most interested in 'occultism', can you elaborate on what you mean? Occultism simply means a study of the supernatural. (Which is basically this entire forum).

Do you have a more specific area you're interested in?

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Paranormal in my opinions is looking for more of a scientific answer for which the occult explains. the Occult IMO embraces all things spiritual while Paranormal studies attempt to explain it to the rational mind based on scientifically excepted fact. Perhaps that is what he means.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
thank you Yarcofin for answering me..
I'm not looking for logical and rational answers.. and I want to know more about the spiritual life that surrounds us, for the simple fact that it lives and it exists just like me... it's still there even if I'm not aware of that. everytime something happens and it's out of the ordinary, people call it a mistical experience and just live it to that..
I want to begin studying this domain because the spirit recognises it but the mind doesn't... it's my way of saying that it's really attractive to me..
and to be more specific, I'd like to know more about the bioenergetical and karmic area..
it's all been there for ages, but until you face it, you can't expect any need for knowledge..
in my opinion it's too familiar to be recognised by the mind..and when it's familliar, the defensive is low... I don't even know how to start... or what I would like to know exactly...because I just can't speak your language
... shame on me

is there anybody here who can work with energy from distance?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There is no reason that the paranormal and logical/rational cannot co-exist. It is my opinion (as well as many other people in this forum) that anything para-NORMAL, if it truely exists, is simply NORMAL. If aliens, ghosts, karma, psychic healing, or any other topic labelled as supernatural or paranormal actually exists, that means that it is simply a natural part of our world and universe that follows specific natural and physics laws. Just because we may not know what those laws are does not mean that they don't exist.

Taking illogical and faith-based looks at the paranormal will likely end you up in a cult of some sort, regretting painful mistakes, or simply disillusioned.

If you are truely interested in the paranormal/supernatural, I implore you to approach it with an open mind, not decided one way or the other. Take an unbiased look, get both side's input, and then come to your conclusions.

You don't have to be a skeptic or a believer. There is a nice balance in between. You don't need to 'believe'. Investigate it for yourself and be able to truely 'know' without a doubt in your mind that something is real.

If you're interested in "the spiritual life that surrounds us", I think you would be most interested in studying the ideas of spiritual dimensions/planes. Specifically astral projection.

But perhaps the best way to figure out how to help you is not to ask what you want to know, but what do you already know? I know it's hard when someone asks "Tell me everything you know about [blank]", but give it a shot.

join