It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Of Papau New Guinea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The most Bizzare birds indeed. A must see.

www.youtube.com...

No wonder there is much fokelore and myths around these birds.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
and here i thought i was a neat freak... anyway, very talented birds. too bad all that display goes to waste when it opens its mouth to make awful noises. isnt there any birds that naturally make sweet souunds like maybe the nightingale...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The most funny part is that some of the males sit on branches calling for females, and when one showes up, it lets itself fall while hanging onto the branch, thereby hanging upside down. It then flaps its wings a lot to impress her..

I find the house building birds, who decorates them afterwards, must more interesting. (Cant remember the name, but can find it if anyone is interested)

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looks REALLY fake.

No offence but when they put it next to that other bird it looked like it was 3D rendered.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I first learned about these birds from biology books, they are truly amazing in real life though. Wonderful footage.

PS. WTF at above poster saying these birds are fake, lol!

d1k

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That was one of the coolest videos I ever seen.

When the bird started doing that dance on the brance where be puffed up his feathers he looked seriously cool, looked so weird.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hehe the one that held its wings out and moved its head back and forth looked like he wanted a hug ^_^

join