It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car gets 157 MPG and costs 11,000 euros!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

www.ifenergy.com...

German Loremo AG (Munich) introduced their ultra efficient car at the 76th annual Motor Show 2006 in Geneva last month, the Loremo. Geneva Motor Show

Founded in 2000, this new company developed a light-weight passenger car with outstanding aerodynamics. The one, two combination of light weight and tunnel tested aerodynamics allow this car to travel 157 miles per gallon of gasoline or 1.5 l per 100km!

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Need a fuel efficient car? Got 11,000 euros to spare? Then the Loremo might be just the thing for you!

Don't have much time to comment on this so sorry for the sparse intro.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
www.loremo.com...

Gas tank size is 20 Liters or 4.4 Gallons
If it actually does to 157 MPG, then you are looking at a tank of gas lasting you about 690.8 miles...

For my commute, 80 miles a day, I would fill up once every week and a half, as opposed to the once a week I am doing now...

That rules!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Frankely the 157 MPG isn't that hard to believe IMO, it's the price tag that has my skeptic senses tingling.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Frankely the 157 MPG isn't that hard to believe IMO, it's the price tag that has my skeptic senses tingling.

Well, they are telling us that "Loremo is different from all other known cars". So you are right, and at the same time they have a point.

Also, note that the base model has a 2 cylinder diesel engine. I understand that there was a lot of potentially costly R&D behind it, but I can easily imagine that manufacturing a small and simple engine can be much less expensive that manufacturing a large and complex one. If the body is made of plastic (which I believe it is), it's quite possible to come up with an innovative technology that is also less expensive than the traditional stamped steel.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Aelita]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Going to have to wait 3 years at least to get one, so the price is subject to change.

Loremo company website

Unfortunately, you will have to wait until 2009 before you have the pleasure of possessing your own Loremo. Just send us your contact details and we will inform you about any important milestones on our way to series production.
www.loremo.com...

Will be interesting to see if this ever gets into production.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Shucks! So indeed the price point is completely arbitrary now -- it can't be reliably estimated as the car is so far from mass production. I'm a little disappointed -- too much PR spin to my taste. Does it really take 3 years to move from a working full-size model to a consumer car? Time is money, I heard.

top topics

join