It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

silent hill movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
this movie has got to be the best film adaption of a videogame...

anyone thats a fan of the series will most deff. love it...
i totally recommend it to any one fan of horror

btw for all the silent hill fans that read this pyramid head is insane...his executions in the movie are so brutal..

[edit on 21-4-2006 by Big_BIRD]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
See I never got passed pyramid head in silent hill 2 and so i was never able to play the rest of it. I sold it on ebay recently. Of course they changed the main character looking for the daughter from a man to woman. Have any idea why that is?

It definetly has adapted the environment and demons pretty well though. I wont see it until next week because my girlfriend wants to watchg it with me and she is ill at the moment.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
ya im not sure why they did...but meh....the story has a lil bit of a mix of the first 3 silent hill games but ..i really liked it being a silent hill fan and what not..

[edit on 22-4-2006 by Big_BIRD]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I Cannot wait to see this film

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just came back from watching it and man was it off the chain. I never played part three and never got past the first instance of pyramid head in part two. From what I heard it was part two and three that explained the history of the city, so this would be the first time I ofund out about it. I cant believe they would burn that little girl alive though.

Some sects of Christianity are just too insane, and those are the false Christians. The only thing that struck me as odd though was this. In the games there are two worlds, the regular silent hill and then the twisted one that comes when the sirens go off. In the movie there are three though, the regular world, the world where the fog exists everywhere and it snows ashes, and then world when the darkness creeps over and everything really gets messy.

Ill give you a little spoiler, pyramidhead grabs a girl in the movie, grabs her by the chest and rips all the flesh off of her body in one quick rip. It seems a little gorier than i expected it to be, slightly mroe so than the game.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I just came back from watching it and man was it off the chain. I never played part three and never got past the first instance of pyramid head in part two. From what I heard it was part two and three that explained the history of the city, so this would be the first time I ofund out about it. I cant believe they would burn that little girl alive though.

Some sects of Christianity are just too insane, and those are the false Christians. The only thing that struck me as odd though was this. In the games there are two worlds, the regular silent hill and then the twisted one that comes when the sirens go off. In the movie there are three though, the regular world, the world where the fog exists everywhere and it snows ashes, and then world when the darkness creeps over and everything really gets messy.

Ill give you a little spoiler, pyramidhead grabs a girl in the movie, grabs her by the chest and rips all the flesh off of her body in one quick rip. It seems a little gorier than i expected it to be, slightly mroe so than the game.

seriously wen i saw him do that i was like

but the gore fest at the end was pretty crazy

and as a lil tip in silent hill 2 ..wen u fight pyramid head for the first time..im assuming this is the part in the apartment....all u do is jus keep avoiding his blade and hell eventually get bored with yah and leave

[edit on 22-4-2006 by Big_BIRD]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I never knew that... huh. That really pisses me off now. I just tried and tried to kill or diasble him as much as possible, I didnt think he would just leave if I tried to avoid him.

But since you watched it, can you explain what the hell happened at the end? Did the reaper possess sharon (alyssas daughter) when she opened her eyes? And is that world purgatori, therefore they must be dead? The end left me confused a bit, but did not change how much I enjoyed the movie.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
ya i was lil confused too...so i assumed basically what u assumed lol.....but silent hill has always created more questions than answered them from playing the series soooo ya u should deff finish playing silent hill 2 its really great. o but u sold it on ebay didnt u....damn....well i think its like what 10 bucks now soo i guess if ur still interested in playing it ..u should go buy it or at least rent it....

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Big_BIRD]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Did you ever play silent hill 3? I beat part four (the room) and alot of texts i read in it i believe referred primarily to part3. I dont have a ps2 (my brother took it with him when he moved out) I would liek to go through the whole series again but I just cant fid the time. It would take me months.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
if silent hill 4 is the only one u played thru then your missin out...i liked silent 4 but not as scary as the others and ya i beat silent hill 3 ..i liked it alot...but silent 3 is more of a sequel to the first silent hill...and..silent hill 4 is somewhat of a sequel to silent hill 2 since it uses a lot of refrences to it...like walter sullivan who is mentioned in silent hill 2 and he theoritically is pyramid head or something...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
this was actually pretty cool... i almost crushes my date's ribs cause i was so freaked out during the part where the psycho lady stabs whatsherface and the floor opens up and the girls corpse comes out and the wires and stuff.... pretty good stuff

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I saw it last night .Now i have never heard of the game it was quite cool 2 thingsannoyed me though is why the hell Sean Bean didnt have a bigger part in the movie,all these vidoe game adapted movies(Tomb Raider, Biohazard etc ) have a woman as a hero,the second was that i hate movies which have little girls running around but the blood and guts made it rather cool for.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I definitely agree with the threadstarter's thoughts that silent hill is the best video game adaptation movie ever. The darkness(alternate world) and the demons were the same in the 1st SH game(the most disturbing and creepiest game ever because of its unique creepy environment).Even Resident Evil did not even come so close to SH.
When I watched it on it's 1st day, I felt disturbed and thinking why the hell did I watched that movie! hahaha. I just love to be scared.

Disturbing Note:
The original Silent Hill game's market price went about 10x it's original price after the movie came out. The reason is moviegoers(excluding old SH game followers) became so interested of the game so they wanted to play it to see what's with the SH game. Unfortunately, the original SH game had already reached the moment when it is considered an old game. SH1 is now a very rare item to find even in EBAY but if you find one you will notice that some of the prices reaches $200 or higher!
ROFL

[edit on 6/18/06 by VincentValentine]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Now that is interesting. Perhaps the game developer will be kind enough to perhaps remake it for PS3 like Resident Evil for game cube?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I love the games so damn much. I havent seen this movie yet, but i'm going to see it as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
this movie is one of the best movies i've seen it totally live up to my expectations and surpassed them if they make a sequel i hope they base it on the second movie because its the ovious direction

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It would probably incorporate most of part 3. Pyramidhead was not even in the first Silent hill, so this one is like a mix of part 1 and 2. Personally it looked mostly based on part two.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
well now that the dvd is out only time will tell whats next for this franchise. the rummors were that they would release the next game along with the next movie.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Damn am i looking forward to the UK release of this film after what i have just read here....blooming sweet as a nut !!

I love stuff like this and so does the wife... (I'll take my comfort blankie and teddy just in case though.....)

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
remember this turn off the lights and put the volume up and watch it on the biggest tv you got

top topics

join