It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wolves gather. (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The Chinese Leader is in town and it seems that he has a great interest in talking (and taking) american business. CNN's Lou Dobbs Launches a scathing attack on US Administration, an attack that is prominently present on the CNN News Website...

www.cnn.com
But the Red Storm cannot be blamed for its continued manipulation of its currency, for its record $202 billion trade surplus with the United States or for buying up American businesses and hard assets around the globe while restricting access to its market and economy.

The fault lies entirely with the U.S. government, our lack of strategy and our failed policies. This administration and U.S. multinational corporations have lost sight of the national interest. This administration and the Republican-led Congress have permitted the dismantling of America's manufacturing base and created a dependency on China for our clothing, computers, consumer electronics and a host of other products that is greater than our dependency on foreign oil.

Make no mistake: Our leaders are the fools, and China's leaders are not to be blamed for taking advantage of this administration's commitment to faith-based economic theories and so-called free trade that permits the Chinese access to the world's richest consumer market while China denies our businesses access to its emerging market.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This morning I looked to CNN as I always do, and to my suprise I found an article that not only ridiculed the United States government, but even went as far as lableing them "fools". This to me signals a distinct shift in media opinion, a shift that I feel is forced by the overwhelming resentment and disillusionment of the general US public at the policy of the current administration.

I titled this article "The Wolves Gather" as I feel that the US Administration has over extended it's self out of pure arrogance and greed. I think the other powers are starting to stare at the pie with hungry eyes. How long till they come to feed?

[edit on 20-4-2006 by sobolwolf]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The Bush administration is hardly the sole "beneficiary" of the blame game. A lot of this blame lays squarely at the feet of Bush I and Clinton I. When Clinton II takes office(IMO the fix is already in), expect more of the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have to wonder what our elected leaders have been doing the past 5yrs. I'm wondering why haven't we taken retaliatory action? China is illegally manipulating their currency which I believe is against WTO rules as well their agreements with the IMF. We have legal courses of action we can take. When China joined these organizations they agreed to play by the rules.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
China plays by her own set of rules, regardless of what the rest of the world says or does.

This is the same country who every day violates fundamental human rights.

Our leaders are in bed with them, thats why we aren't caring. Where else are we to send all of our middle-class jobs for lower labor costs and higher profit margins?

They learned from the best.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This morning I looked to CNN as I always do, and to my suprise I found an article that not only ridiculed the United States government, but even went as far as lableing them "fools". This to me signals a distinct shift in media opinion, a shift that I feel is forced by the overwhelming resentment and disillusionment of the general US public at the policy of the current administration.

This is certainly not a shift in opinion for CNN or Lou Dobbs. It's the SOS from them.

I agree with the poster that states that this problem has been a lot longer than 6 years in the making. Labeling it as a GWB problem shows a woeful lack of knowledge of economic history.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yes, arrogance and greed continue and is nothing new. When Nixon "opened up" China in 1972, American oil companies had already started business there. Oil to make all the plastic crap we buy to support our "lifestyle". Follow the oil; it precedes the money.
The world may be flat, but Americans have been flattened by it.

new topics

top topics

join