It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabras in Chile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have been looking up on chupacabras for a while now and have found that there is an unusual amount of sightings in Chile....and almost al lthe sightings descriptions are the same...."It sounded like cats fighting; after hearing an impact, I walked toward the door, where I heard a strange howl and very fast, heavy breathing." At that precise moment, the woman lifted a curtain on a window and saw three cats, more paralyzed than a photograph, spaced at approximately a meter from each other. She then looked to the side and "there it was, sitting in front of the door. When it saw me, it jumped immediately over the outside wall and lost itself in the darkness." and also there is this one.....
The residents remain fearful of a creature they have described as 'unknown' but left behind clear evidence of its passing." "First the people heard 'aircraft noises' passing overhead, then they saw 'the appearance of a strange creature measuring 50 centimetres (20 inches) in height, humped and leaden (grey) in colour. While looking for traces of the animal, they have found several balls of strange hair, which have been collected for subsequent analysis. Footprints of the creature were found on the ground".......and this is a dexcription i have found......There are several variations of what people believe the Chupacabra to look like. The current theory is that it is a bipedal creature around four to five feet tall described as a sort of a cross between a 'Grey' alien humanoid, mainly because the shape of its head and eyes, and what most witnesses describe as the body of a bipedal, erect dinosaur. It has two small arms with a three-fingered clawed hand, two strong hind almost reptilian legs, again with three claws and spinal quills down its back, which it uses to fly. This appears to enable it to run quickly and leap over trees. Its head is oval in shape and has an elongated jaw. Two red or black beady eyes have been reported, together with small holes in the nostril area, a small slit-like mouth with fang-type teeth protruding upwards and downwards from the jaw. It appears to have strong course hair all over its body; and whilst most observers claim the hair is black, it has the remarkable ability to change colours at will, almost like a chamaleon. In the dark, it will change to black or a deep brown colour; in a sunlit area surrounded by vegetation, it changes to green, green-grey, light brown or beige. Some believes it to be a half-man, half-beast vampire, while still others say it is similar to a panther with red eyes and the tongue of a snake. Another version is that it hops like a kangaroo and smells like sulfur. ...they all seem to be very similar...one day i hope to travel to Chile and do research anddiscover the truth abou these creatures....Im not very experianced at all...but i think thisis very good evidence and i would likefor you guys to argue about this so that i can see my mistakes....thank you

[edit on 4-4-2006 by FeelinGroovy]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here are two pictures i found of supposed chupacabra.

this one was found in Latin America
reguite.free.fr..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

this one was shot by a farmer, in Elmendorf, Texas. The being was killing his chickens.

I know that both look entirely different, so they both cannot be the same. But both resembled the different creatures you described in your post, so who knows

[edit on 7-4-2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I to am vastly interested in this chupacabra or "South American GoatSucker". there was a photo floating around a little while back of a straight on shot of a path with two men on horses in it. One was coming towards the camera while the other was moving away from the camera , in between these people going seperate directions there is a bipedal creature probably about two to three feet tall seemingly running across the path. it is grey to silver in colour and seems to have claws . i have never seen anything like it before and i would be interested if anyone could point me in the direction of this pic. I have a friend from chili and merely talking about this creature freaks him out allthough he believes the chupacabra is indeed real i still would like to get hold of that pic again and analyse it for myself.

cheers.
Omega

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Is it just me or does the second pic look like a young cyote with no hair? First one reminds me of a big neutria(think I misspelled it, but any other Cajuns here can help me on it)

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Weren't these creatures found out to be a kind of fox with mange or something?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Shotgun, I used to live in Louisanna years ago. What your wanting is the nutria. We always called them swamp rats. There tails are as long, if not longer, than their bodies. They look like a gaint rat. A few cajuns will eat them. Most are trapped for the fur. I'm not sure that picture of the black animal looks as much like a nutria, because of the fur, as it does a chow that got hit by a car. The other picture looks like a mangy coyote. We have coyotes where I live now, but I have never seen one with mange. I will tell you now that I'm no expert on wild animals so I guess anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy

this one was shot by a farmer, in Elmendorf, Texas. The being was killing his chickens.

I know that both look entirely different, so they both cannot be the same. But both resembled the different creatures you described in your post, so who knows

The top picture looks like a small dog and the bottom one looks like a small deer. Maybe these people are just so damn paranoid about the Chupacabra myth that they got trigger-happy and now alike anything that isn't walking on two-legs to a Chupacabra.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Looking at them again, the top one looks like one of the Crites from Critters!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speakeasy

The top picture looks like a small dog and the bottom one looks like a small deer. Maybe these people are just so damn paranoid about the Chupacabra myth that they got trigger-happy and now alike anything that isn't walking on two-legs to a Chupacabra.

Yes, the bottom one has been debunked as a deer AGES ago.

The top one, however, looks to me like a baboon/dog/bear/wig hybrid!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If it's one thing i have heard and read up on Chupacabras is the fact that they leave a single punture wound and suck the blood out of their prey. One farmer in Mexico i think found livestock not breathing blood drained but to the vets dismay the animals were still alive.

I beleive Chupacabras like bigfoot and yeti are undiscovered species of animal. OF coarse because of human behaviour speculation runs high for example "I heard Chupacabras was a Reptile, Grey, Mosquito hybrid...". We discover ne species all the time but maybe Chupacabras is intellegent not like us but smart enough to know human detection is bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Do you mean this picture, Omega85?

www.ufocasebook.com...

I didn't think that looked much like my idea of a Chupacabra, but then I've never actually seen one.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pass
Shotgun, I used to live in Louisanna years ago. What your wanting is the nutria. We always called them swamp rats. There tails are as long, if not longer, than their bodies. They look like a gaint rat. A few cajuns will eat them. Most are trapped for the fur.

Agreed with you, Pass, that is definitely not a nutria, cher. As a kid, I basically grew up playing the swamps with my friends, we saw many a nutria, and no nutria looked like that. The first picture looks more like a roadkill chow. The second picture was debunked what seems like eons ago. Deer.

By the by, nutria rats are very tough, difficult to trap, and they taste very "gamey", I wouldn't recommend going on an excursion to try this Cajun "delicacy!"

Alas, the great hunt for the chupacabra is still on, I have a feeling we'll know its one when we see the picture eventually if ever.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

uhh... the first one I can't quite make out, looks like a roadkill-ant eater...

But the second is a hairless coyote (mangy.)

join