It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Fuel Worst Extinction Since End of Dinosaurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Changes to Earth's biodiversity have occurred more rapidly in the past 50 years than at any time in human history, creating a species loss greater than anything since a major asteroid impact wiped out the dinosaurs.

That's the conclusion of Global Biodiversity Outlook 2, a report released today by the United Nation's Convention on Biological Diversity.

"In effect, we are currently responsible for the sixth major extinction event in the history of the Earth, and the greatest since the dinosaurs disappeared, 65 million years ago," the report states.

The wide-ranging report also states that demand for resources globally exceeds the biological capacity of the Earth by some 20 percent.

LiveScience.com

Well all I can say is "WoW" I knew it was getting bad, but the sixth major extinction...

Sometimes I think the Earth would be better off ith us all dead.

Comments, Opinions?

[edit on 3/20/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe this is the earths way in trying to regenerate it's self. Hopefully we wont become extint as a result of this, but like you said, I think that the world would be better off with out the human race. Well until we can learn to live in harmony with it.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
funny...We were just talking about this today in my Geography class.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Uh why is NASA reporting that weather patterns are changing on other planets too right now? Is it because exhaust from cars in big bad america is going thru space and settling around Jupiter for example?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Umm because other planets with gaseous atmospheres have weather systems as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Umm because other planets with gaseous atmospheres have weather systems as well.

Okay, so how does the subject of this thread prove itself 100% in light of what NASA knows?

Yesterday some guy that used to work for NASA was saying that the white house is solely responsible for the destruction of the earth and he appeared on some program on CBS. This was on the coasttocoast website. Obviously lying for political means as many of the people at the top are doing when they make these ridiculous claims.

top topics

join