It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Christ is inside us all, why am I a non believer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Of course, that raises the issue, why are there other religions at all if christ is inside us......

Sorry, just being politely provocative.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blowfish_Sushi
Of course, that raises the issue, why are there other religions at all if christ is inside us......

And you base this on what?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'll get to this one in a bit. As far as being a 'non-believer,' perhaps you could elaborate a bit...

Is your unbelief something you were born with? Such as 'just never being able to believe.' And if so, is the disbelief directed at (one or several) religious tenets/doctrines while still maintaining some sort of unspoken, private understanding of there being something beyond what is commonly seen in our current reality?

Or is it something that started out as belief (or what appeared to be belief) and was basically centered upon an already existent external philosophy/religion of some sort--that was derailed when the illusion thinned to the point of conflicting with normal reasoning thought processes?

I'm only asking so that I can explore this question with you--without making assumptions about you and your own experiences.

Okay--as far as 'why are there different religions?'

Easy: religion is man-made. Christ didn't come here to create any religion (especially christianity). That may sound like an insane assertion, when the whole world, in general, thinks otherwise. Personal epiphany, intensive study, and lifelong observation of everything there is to see, have revealed this to me.

Something about me: I was born believing--that God IS and that a man named Jesus came for the benefit of us all (not as scapegoat, but as shepherd, guide, and teacher for us ALL) However, I have never been able to believe any religion--there's 'truth' in all of them, mixed up with a lot of mortal insecurity and egoism. Most of all--none of them make complete, logical sense all the way to the core.

Don't be sorry! Just be yourself.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think i worded my question incorrectly, by unbeliever i meant atheist and by jesus i meant the trio defined by christians as 'the holy ghost, jesus, and 'god''.

The question i was attempting to raise was: If christian's in particular believe that part of their #1 worship object (god, jesus, holy ghost) is inside every individual, why am I, and many others not a member of that particular faith.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I believe that you are a non believer because you are probably very skeptical about everything.
That is probably what draws you to ATS.

Of course, without having much information, I could be totally incorrect.

I am a non believer, but I am skeptical about most things. You must prove something to me for me to believe.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I think i worded my question incorrectly, by unbeliever i meant atheist and by jesus i meant the trio defined by christians as 'the holy ghost, jesus, and 'god''.

The question i was attempting to raise was: If christian's in particular believe that part of their #1 worship object (god, jesus, holy ghost) is inside every individual, why am I, and many others not a member of that particular faith.

I wasn't aware that most Christians believed that Christ was in every person...where did you hear that?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticon
I wasn't aware that most Christians believed that Christ was in every person...where did you hear that?

Actually, I was surprised by that statement, too--because it seems to me that christians believe Christ is only in christians. But, the bible does say something to that effect, in John:

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lights every man that comes into the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I think i worded my question incorrectly, by unbeliever i meant atheist

Non-believer = atheist. That was pretty clear to me. What I was asking is if you've always felt that, or if it's a truth that you arrived at sometime in your life, for whatever reasons (which don't matter to this discussion, BTW--I'm not trying to pry or change your mind).

Because 'that particular faith' is something man came up with--just like any other religion.

The problem with this particular christian ideology is that promoting it as true renders the professed superiority of the promoter's religion totally void.

Of course, you probably already understand this.

If you love anyone, ever, in your lifetime, then certainly God's spirit is within you. Even Hitler loved his mother--Saddam Hussein surely loved his now-deceased sons....

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Actually, I was surprised by that statement, too--because it seems to me that christians believe Christ is only in christians. But, the bible does say something to that effect, in John:

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lights every man that comes into the world.

Hi queenannie38

hmmmmmm...I'm gonna have to think about that one...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Hi queenannie38

hmmmmmm...I'm gonna have to think about that one...

Just think: *shine* *shine* *shine*

join