It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO2 levels recorded to be on the rise... again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This time it's the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) that said it. It now stands at 380 ppm (part per million).

Sharp rise in CO2 levels recorded

US climate scientists have recorded a significant rise in the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, pushing it to a new record level.

BBC News has learned the latest data shows CO2 levels now stand at 381 parts per million (ppm) - 100ppm above the pre-industrial average.

The research indicates that 2005 saw one of the largest increases on record - a rise of 2.6ppm.

The figures are seen as a benchmark for climate scientists around the globe.

The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa) has been analysing samples of air taken from all over the world, including America's Rocky Mountains.

The chief carbon dioxide analyst for Noaa says the latest data confirms a worrying trend that recent years have, on average, recorded double the rate of increase from just 30 years ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I eagerly await the day it reaches 450 ppm so that the heat from the greenhouse effect will start thawing out the Siberian permafrost and release more CO2 from frozen peat soil. Then this will heat up the oceans and release more CO2 trapped in gas hydrates causing a global sytemic failure and cook us all to death.

When you are sick, you have a fever to kill help kill off the germs causing you sick. The Earth will be doing just that. It would be a fresh change from people killing people.

Let's all thrash our planet together. Use fossil fuel guzzling muscle cars, do open burning, release more junk into our biosphere. Together we can all expedite the fever the planet needs to eradicate the virus.

Woohoo!! If bird flu and nukes don't kill us, the heat will. As I am typing this the temperature 3 degrees north of the equator is much much higher than my body temperature. I have to downclock my CPU because the 3 fans and my copper-silver alloy heatsink just won't do the trick.

Burn, Baby, Burn!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Nice Information. Thankyou for sharing it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I believe these temperature changes are inevitable. Now everyone living in the north of the equator will have a cool tan...

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A good history of global warming is provided on this government website..

The problem of carbon dioxide has been highlighted for over 100 years, how come its takin more than this until we act.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Thankyou byhiniur for sharing the information. I am sure it will help me understand the problems. Apologise for the ignorance.

Cheers

join