It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Quarantine of Romanian town Due To Bird Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I just happened upon this short article about a town in Romania that is under full quarantine after they found cases of bird flu. I dont mean one house or two houses i mean the whole town. Damn, if they quarantine a whole town would they let people out to go shopping at a local store or do you ahve to stay at your house? Just thought Id share. Any thoughts?

Bucharest. Full-scale quarantine measures on account of bird flu were implemented in Romanian town of Cherna Voda (Konstanca region), Mediafax agency informs today.

All 13,500 poultry in the local farms will be killed. No one can enter or leave the town for at least 10 days.
The nuclear power plant near the town is functioning normally. The workers in the plant from the town go to work after passing through special disinfections filters.
The agency notes the veterinary services have given up the initial idea the workers to be accommodated in a temporary camp on the plant’s grounds.

Article here

[edit on 13-3-2006 by North Rider]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So how bad is it I wonder to quarantine a whole town? Must be outbreaks in humans all over town.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Only 10 days huh?

All the stuff I've been reading says to stock up for a 6 month quarantine. ...I'm thinking that they're not wrong. By the time it gets here it will be well established, and apparently epidemics go through predictable "waves."

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is exactly what is so worrying for me. Alot of people are thinking this is all hype and that the gov's are planting this virus to create a pandemic. Doesn't matter how it comes, it's coming. And what's scarier is that a quarantined town in Romania can also become a quarantined town in the UK, USA and so on.

It doesn't mean that people are infected. Poultry is and potentially cats which means the only viable way to contain the outbreak is to quarantine everything - including the citizens because no one can know for certain that someone isn't carrying the virus.

That means folks if it gets into the good old US of A then we potentially will have quarantined towns too.

How many different ways can the authorities say that they cannot control the spread of this virus? This isn't isolated to 3rd world countries. This baby is going global. We are ALL at risk and any gov will do whatever in this case quarantine to irradicate the virus and it's spread.
Don't forget that this will also bring about military to control the panic most likely to ensue and the regulate the citizens. This is scary sh*t!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The H5N1 virus is back in Romania. They thought the virus was gone but now they've found 50 dead birds with the H5N1 in central Romania.

Sofia News Agency: Bird Flu Returns to Romania

13 May 2006

The H5 bird flu virus was detected Friday in 50 birds found dead in central Romania, officials said, less than a month after the virus was said to have been eradicated from the country.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Regarding the quarantine of the Romanian town. They create two zones around the infected spot whenever they find dead animals with the H5N1 virus. At least they do this elsewhere in Europe. One zone of 3 km (isolation) and another zone of 10 km (security/watch zone). So if a bird is found inside a town or a village, well...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is thousands of people being quarantined!!!

1 000s quarantined in Bucharest

Bucharest - About 13 000 people were quarantined in the Romanian capital on Monday as troops and police sealed off streets in response to the city's second bird-flu outbreak, said officials.

The mayor of the southern fourth district, Adrian Inimaroiu, said residents would be cut off and all businesses in the area would be closed during the quarantine period of up to three weeks.

The move came after the agriculture ministry earlier on Monday confirmed the presence of the H5 bird-flu virus in dead chickens found in the neighbourhood, the latest of dozens of outbreaks of avian flu in Romania this spring.

Inimaroiu said, urging residents to stay calm, that "about 40 streets have been blocked" in the Luica quarter.

He said the quarantine would last for "a period of a week to 21 days and all the institutions in this quarter will be closed".

No stores, no jobs, nothing going on for up to 3 weeks can be devastating to these people.

top topics

join