It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new t-ray space camera sees through clothes and walls!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
wow i thought this kinda stuff was only in movies and imaginations... but it looks like its for real after all... someone somewhere has the ability to see through your clothing... doesnt that creep you out?!

-> www.impactlab.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yeah it's cool stuff, will be great for medical imagine. But the looking through cloths and thin walls is nothing new. The older Camcorders with Infrared options could do the same, which is why that particualar model is now banned.
Though I believe it's making a comeback on the new Mercades.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Yep, All you see is the silhouette. And that’s no Different then a swimsuit.

As to the Camcorder statement. I have on, And it Highlights color differences only. So yes, You see a greenish\grayish areola or “pubic region”. But we see in a different visual color spectrum. (RGB) So its very limited.

But to be honest, I can use Photoshop. To do the same effect. (Using Contrasting enhancements.) (side note: I could post a exp. But the Mods would then ban me.)

Now if you could program a algorithm that simulates a RGB translation to the Infrared spectrum. Then yes, It would be truly “see through”. (And the software is still Years away.)

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

(And the software is still Years away.)

Actually it isn't, I'll try to find the True Colour night vision article hold on.

After a quick search, I didn't find it. Maybe someone else will have a bit of luck. You could tell it was fake colour though, as the shades didn't look quite right. It was an amazing demonstration though. I believe I saw it originally on the Discovery Channel.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by sardion2000]

top topics

join