It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not 100% sure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i live near a forest and decided to look around at the half i hadn't seen today, i came apon a clearing and suddenly felt uneasy, the rest of the place was full of trees and bushes but this place was perfectly empty.
so me and my friend had a bit of a lookabout but both decided to run when we heard something. i looked back while running and saw something moving in one of the bushes at the time i thought it was just dead leaves blowing about but later on i remembered it had also seemed unusually calm in that area.

has anybody else had a similar experience?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What kinda noise was it? I've heard cat like noises in graveyards which me & my mate ran from assuming it was a ghost. Most people will probably say ur making it up but I'll stick with ya for the time being.
It seems ur quite new so I'll help u get off to a positive start, have u checked out my viaduct picture, I still wanna hear thoughts on it cuz it's a big thing to me as it's my first possiball ghost pic ever.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
it wasnt the noise of an animal making a sound, it was probably nothing at all but the place had such a weird feeling that it was enough to make us run.

p.s. that viaduct pic does look really weird.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by maddale]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yeah it's like that, I've been to lots of places like that. Were u investigating? If so then thats what caused it. When ur searching for the truth or u want to find something so bad, ur mind makes u hear things & all ur senses pick up on things & relate it to what ur searching for, like us down the graveyard, whenever we saw movement or heard anything, we ran, all because we assumed it was a ghost. But if u were'nt investigatin then that is pretty weird.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
we half were, we wernt looking for anything strange we just wanted to see what was on the other side of the bog in the middle

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Don't know if u got my U2U but where do u live & where is this forest? Is it in America?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
no, i live in england, in northamptonshire

btw how du know if u got a u2u

[edit on 26-2-2006 by maddale]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It says in the top right hand corner of the screen when u recieve one. I normally just click MY ATS & it's there

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i cant see a shadow but will look again if u tell where it is

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's right near the left edge & slightly lower I think. If u look through the other posts u'll see a close up of it. Some good reading aswell.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
although this may be correct to a certain extent in scaring myself im still sure that something wasnt right there so if anybody else has had similar experiences i would really like to know

Wig

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Forgive me but I think it's just nerves. You went looking for "'things" you are a "believer" (as I am) in strange events and beasts.

Put 2 + 2 together, add in a spooky bit of woodland.... and you get the result you got.

Can you give us a grid reference please?
multimap (click here)

[edit on 28/2/2006 by Wig]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Grid ref: SP920710 Postcode district: NN8 1xx (map centre)
X: 492000m Y: 271000m
Lat: 52:19:46N (52.3294) Lon: 0:39:05W (-0.6514)

it is the one connected to the dotted line

i would just like to correct you on your post, i wasnt actually looking for anything i was just looking at the half i hadnt been in before, i go in there alot and am not normally scared

[edit on 28-2-2006 by maddale]

Wig

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the location.
this is it (click)

Are you going to go back and look again?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
yes and you have even circled right next to if not exaclty on top of where it was

in fact next time i go ill take my camcorder, and ill make sure i stay there long enough to film everything

[edit on 28-2-2006 by maddale]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
i have not had a similar expirence but i would like to know what woods they were and take a look myself

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddale
so if anybody else has had similar experiences i would really like to know

I've had a similar experience - of sorts. One night I was walking home from the train, along a "semi-rural" street (houses, incl. mine, to left and fields + woods to right). I spotted something a few yards up ahead, and when I came up to it I saw a pretty strange creature: think a dung beetle (about the size of a football if including its "ball"), walking on its "hind legs" (i.e. the wrong way for such a beetle), and having the head of a mouse of some kind. No, I'm not joking - a mouse-headed giant dung beetle, with the wrong feet walking, pushing the dung ball along the pavement. I was, however, slightly drunk at the time, but as soon I reached home I was struck by the thought that I hadn't reacted to the mouse-beetle at all. That is, I was still not upset/surprised of the creature itself, only by the fact that I hadn't reacted to it as I encountered it.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't see a clearing?

or do you mean under the tree's or something

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
sorry, ive been away, in answer to the last post the clearing is under the trees as it is not very big compared to them and the camera footage i took turned out # when i put it on the comp(to blurred to seeanything). so when i next get a chance ill take the digital camera down instead

[edit on 28-3-2006 by maddale]

join