It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France enter the Muslim Cartoon row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum so please feel free to move it.

I don't know about you but I wish I had enough time on my hands like these people do to go and demonstrate every day out in the streets! Must be a great way of life! Why don't we do this in the western world?

Oh that's right we have jobs and family to take care of and not worry about what some other person has put in a cartoon in a country which has nothing to do with us.

Link to BBC News

*edit spelling*

[edit on 1-2-2006 by DodgeG1]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the cartoons themselves? I would like to see what all the furor is about.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Absolutely right, DodgeG1. Wish I had time to parade in the street. I don't suppose most of 'em don't actually have jobs and are living on state benefits paid for by people like you and me could it? No... surely not.... excuse me while I go and wash my mouth out with soap.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The first post in this thread has a link to the cartoons.

Islamic dogma forbids any depiction of the Prophet Mohammed. (hope I spelled that right) I think the purpose was to prevent any kind of idol worship. They believe that Allah should recieve worship, not a man who Allah chose to send messages through.

However; people who are not Islamic follow a different dogma. Screaming and burning are not the ways to settle the problem. Islamic leaders should instead send requests to cease printing depictions of their Prophet; because it offends an entire religious group. (sigh)

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the cartoons before political correctness forces that site to pull them.

They certainly are less offensive than anything doonesbury or boondocks publishes daily.

I wonder how many of the protestors previously defended the various obscene depictions of Christ and the crucifixion as freedom of speech?

Or the people that regularly attack Christianity in internet forums are now condemning the cartoons as 'offensive to Islam'?

A double standard among the liberal groupthink.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by dave_54]

new topics

top topics

join