It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insight as to what this film is/was? Debunked or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Alright, been checking in and out of ATS for a while and only "membered" up recently so I am not sure if this is old, new, or what.

The preface of this following link is -

"This movie was taken from a NASA DC-8 aircraft as the Stardust sample return capsule entered the atmosphere in the early morning hours of Jan. 15"

With all the crap online, I have no idea when this was supposedly filmed. One can't believe something a vague as "Jan. 15". For all I know, this was put out years go. I just know Stardust was the latest drop days ago.

Like I said, I did a quick look-through of previous posts to see if this was up but saw nothing. I kind of expect this to have been up, discussed and probably dismissed but with the date/info given (and recent events), and the fact I couldn't find anything, I'm just taking a shot here.

Anyone know what became of this? Thanks. Just curious myself.

First time I've put up a link so hopefully I've followed proper procedure. I do not know the original source and therefore cannot credit or direct folks to it. Just this drop-site for vids I guess.

www.dropshots.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe the film is video of the stardust craft re-entering the atmosphere. I did not observe any UFO's in the film. If you did, please provide a time reference so I can see for myself.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It was told to me that the Stardust capsule was either the stationary object visible or not detected on the screen, (more like conveying their opinion).

Maybe the suggestion of what to expect came into play for me???

I was told the ball of light was what was "unique". It came into the frame head on, (from the camera's perspective), and then veered off to the right side of the frame, (which is eventually obstructed by the structure of the vessel from which the film was shot.

Like I said, no claims are being made here. I just found it interesting and was expecting to see a light falling or shooting towards Earth. Not coming towards a camera in orbit, (I assume), and then changing it's course heading away from the planet leaving a streak.

I was not expecting to see a streak tailing behind the "object".

This is hard to detect? Maybe it isn't coming up as video. ??? To me, and I checked after submitting the post, there is a good bit of footage where a light eventually comes into the frame and appears to stop, and then to veer off to the right. The camera follows. If it isn't working, I apologize.

Just found this interesting.

(edit to correct thoughts)

[edit on 29-1-2006 by Breezin]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Nice video, i've not seen that one before.

Is this object/capsule something re-entering the Earths atmosphere? The lady commentator gives reference to the object in motion being above Mars which i assume is the stationary major light source near the beginning of the video.

This also makes me re-think other supposed UFO sightings/video's of orbs of light.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by freeradical]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I wasn't able to spot an UFO in the video..I somehow doubt NASA would let a UFO video get out anyhow.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
"5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 (name) rapid brightening" Followed by STsends Sees it"
This is a very anticipated and controled event. As stated in the original post, it looks like a vehicle re-entering the atmosphere.

Very cool video but there is nothing there to suggest UFO or anything else unusual for that matter. Thanks for the link.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
I wasn't able to spot an UFO in the video..I somehow doubt NASA would let a UFO video get out anyhow.

It has happened several times before. I have seen NASA videos of all sorts of anomolies.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Dunno bout the UFO/shuttle, but ain't that an Imperial Star Destroyer coming into the shot???

new topics

top topics

join