It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you kill hitler?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
all i can say is that Hitler was a sensitive man

Drunk you slay me dude. No pun intended to the post.

I really think that If I had the chance to change or alter history (If Samara will let me borrow her time machine..hint hint)I would like to certainly break his legs
or maybe shove pineapples up his butt.
I think that killing him back then would have been beneficial.

Mark

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
If I had a reasonable chance to actually change history by doing so, I'd be *very* tempted...But then I'd also quail at the thought of commiting murder. If possible, I'd rather try to guide Hitler's childhood life into a different direction that wouldn't lead into his facist lifestyle.

That kind of surprised me. Especially coming from a professionnal assassin?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
id kill him. to much death was brought about by that man and his kind.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Everyone seems to have overlooked one thing: technology. Amongst other things, pre-WW2 the Germans had developed a working helicopter and also had, believe it or not, regular daytime TV in the Berlin area.

Those are just two examples. The point is, they were an incredibly advanced nation, both for their time, and considering their overall financial situation. Then war rolls down upon the country and the technology leaps even further up the ladder - BUT - as a paradoxical result of the war, that (in some cases,virtually sci-fi) technology got nipped in the bud, or was later taken as post-war booty by the Allied nations.

Without Hitler, and without a protracted European war, this technology would have developed in a more natural tangent, and as a direct result Germany would probably have been far ahead of the other major European nations in the technological stakes.

Germany would definitely now be striding miles ahead of America, as American gained it's most (then) futuristic technology from captured Nazi scientists. This wouldn't have happended without a Second World War.

On the other hand, Japan would be in no way the technological computerised mecca it is today. That situation is a direct result of post-war Allied powers rebuilding the country with the latest factory equipment and technology, giving them a 'year zero', but with all the latest and best gear at their disposal. If the Hitler had been killed and the European war hadn't taken place, Japan wouldn't have attacked America, America wouldn't have nuked Japan, thus billions of $$$$$ worth of foreign aid, technology and expertise would not have been pumped into the country post-1945.

As it stands, I don't know if killing Hitler WOULD have stopped a war, but on the German side of the fence, it definitely wouldn't have been the same type of obsessive, meglomanical, invasive war....and today would be a very different world as a result...whether the outcome was the same or not.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
LMAO!! That is definitely possible but I'd expect that the aftershock effect of this manipulation would just be infinitely pushed further in time.

K...no one gets smoked then...

How about just going right back to the very start of time, right back through the darkness to the very source of Creation...right back to the Biblical void...and then just saying:

"Yo, God...gotta tell ya man, this whole create Humans project ya got lined up...baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea bro, very bad idea...we just end up wasting everything, death, destruction, pollution, pain, suffering, Roseanne Barr, trust me G ya may wanna take some time to think this one over dude"

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yea I would stick a firecrack up his arse.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't kill hitler,
I'd take him back to the future,
dress him in a ballerina outfit with a hole in the ass,
and drag him through sanfrancisco gay bars.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
First I would cut his dick off, then I would cut every toe and finger off, then I would sever his limbs from his body crack open this scull and eat his brain.

[Edited on 29-10-2003 by Raptor]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
if someone went back to kill hitler we wouldn't have microwave popcorn

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hell no i wouldnt kill Hitler. That would upset time and well all the people talking here today would proboly not be here, or if they were here then they would be someone else.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Proceeding on the assumption related idea that the "holodeck," a "transporter," for "beaming him aboard," and a "time machine," or simulations of the the ideas could vacuum up anti-social figures who create wars, then instead of extreme prejudice, you could mercifully extract Hitler et al, and observe the results. Perhaps you could replace him with a benevolant clone in place for observational effect. You could leave him in a "holodeck," simulation, and let him preview what history had in store for him.

This would leave the person intact, in case you had to deposit him into another time. Imagine he would be surrounded by bitmap images, alone but thinking "nothing out of the ordinary," had happened.

Killing people is totally for losers, people are more than anyone could possibly know, much more than a massive database.

Probably you could start back in the 1500s to 1600s to do your simulation. Since you already have the Treaty of Wesphalia, you might play around with extracting some crucial Venetian bankers and their agents de provocateur? Eg. examine the consequences of benevolant intervention to prevent the banker "inspired," 100 year war? Maybe you could toy around with rodent extermination or once again "holodeck rodent isolation." No Black Death, voila!

Maybe you could try holodeck isolation, and make the Romans and the Jewish leaders "disappear into it," preserving the history, but allowing Jesus to continue with his teachings. That would be a stretch, but after all, what's science fiction for anyway?

The possiblities are endless. Anyone for starting a novel in here on the subject?

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
How do you know that killing Hitler would not make things worse? The act itself may, over time, set up an even worse world line.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
if I were to take a time machine back.. my awnser would be no... but if I had knowledge of what he was planning todo before all of the killings began, I would pull the trigger quite fast indeed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join