It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking pot is worse than child molestation - this is justice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My 18 year old and I were talking again last night - as we do all too often. He saw in the news that a Vermont judge gave a child molester 60 days in jail. This is just ONE case - there are so very many other cases where child molesters get no time at all. I have even seen some get nothing or just a few days in jail

Molesting a child is, in my oppinion, one of the worst things you can do. The child is pretty much ruined for life. They usially have sexual issues and distorted views of the opposite sex

Smoking pot - it affects only yourself, considered even good for you by some studies, is not voilent - and many are getting 10 years and more in prison.

Am I missing something here? Is there some way that the above can mean proper justice?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If viewed in the context of big business, legalized marijuana/cannabis would cost companies billions of dollars. And we all know that it is money that dictates laws. Marijuana is against the law because it would replace cotton as marijuana is also known as hemp. Hemp is the longest natural fibre known so that would make hemp one of the strongest fibres around. The first pair of Levi Strauss jeans were made from hemp. Of course hemp would also affect the forest industry as hemp makes great paper without many of the very caustic chemicals that making paper from wood pulp introduces into our environment. But, if you want to get technical and make some sort of distinction between marijuana and hemp....well marijuana can be very useful medically. Of course, the medical pharmaceutical industry is also very big business and marijuana can easily be a valuable adjunct to medical treatments for conditions such as depression, migraine, epilepsy, MS, Parkinson's disease, glaucoma and cancer treatment.

The most dangerous thing about marijuana, it seems, is often the laws that prohibit its use. The disparity between the punishments for smoking a joint and child molestation clearly demonstrate that something is very seriously amiss in our criminal justice system and in our perceptions of marijuana.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
To be brutally honest if you molest a child(and it can be proven without a doubt) I think you should be put to death.

60 days in jail for molesting a child? pffft. IMO it should be lobotomy or death

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I read about this case and that judge should be givin a scrub brush and demoted to urinal and toilet scrubber for the rest of his term.

As far as pot smoking goes, I think our government has bigger things on their plates than going after pot-heads, who are pretty harmless.

Maximu�

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Child molestation should mean death.

Smoking should be left alone. Its none of anyones business and it should be legal.

(No, i dont smoke)

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. gavel banger condones it, with a sentence if you want to call it that, of 60 days, kind of leaves one to wonder.

Meanwhile people like Martha Stewart serve longer sentences for insider trading of a piddly amount of money.

If they want to set examples why don't they do it with perpetrators of real crimes.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think we have seen over and over again that it isnt so much what you did, but what you can afford to get away with. This goes for murderers, child molesters, and tax evaders. A good attorney will guarantee a slap on the wrist.

As for the criminalization of pot, I wont even open this can of worms, as I am sure even the non-smokers of the board will admit that marijuana prohibition (or a majority of our "War on Drugs") is a huge load of crap.
We dump billions into correcting our "problem", yet every year the arrests and detention numbers rise. It is a bankrupt idea and its continuence is one of the biggest wrinkles in the moral fiber of a decent society.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Judges who give these sorts of sentances for child sexual abuse, of which there are far too many, have to be suspected of sharing a common interest with those they so lightly sentance.

I'm constantly struck with deep saddness at how little attention organized child sexual abuse gets from ATSers.

Many still like to live in denial of the fact that it is a Multi-Billion Dollar International Industry, with many powerfull people keen to protect their 'investment', which means protecting those who use the 'service' they 'provide'.

Why is it so hard for people to actually 'gun for' those 'good and respected' important people who profit from this sick and evil industry?
My personal belief is that deep down, folk would rather continue fruitfull business with these people than see and admit they are fowl, and cut them out of a successfull money making network.

It takes the biggest, deepest and darkest conspiracy to keep justice so far from the victims and be so 'gental' with the rare few who actually get to trial and found guilty, yet this conspiracy seems to be 'the least interesting' to ATSers.

If your questioning and researching conspiracies led to you exposing a 'big one', would you rather it be that there was no moon landing, Governments lie, or exposing and shutting down a ring of judges and other 'important' people who do sick, cruel thing to kids, for their own dark pleasure?

Threads on this topic always seem to have little input and a quick death which is really sad because this is the sort of forum where people could share information (like the sentancing records of judges) that leads to finding and building cases against some of the most supportive and protective of this sick, dark Industry.

Winning these sorts of cases means playing your cards close to the chest from the get go, so going into too much detail can give them a 'heads up' for a cover up, but untill more 'average Joes and Janes' know and accept, that people society teaches them to respect, are some of the worst, most 'investigations' will continue to be halted at the first 'convincing denial'.

Why have folk become so ready to suspect every priest yet so unsuspecting and trusting of Business Giants and the good old boys they bowl with?
Would it be because people were finally exposed to the entrenched system of protecting priests?
Well untill people become aware of the entrenched system of protecting the rich and powerfull, the number of abusers and abused will only keep growing.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
In Janesville Wisconsin, Gary S. Hoff, the Parkview High School choir director was given a $1000 fine, 30 hours of community service, and 3 years probation for sexual assult on a 16 year old boy. Janesville Gazette

In the neighboring county my first offense 'possession of THC' ticket was $968 + court costs which totaled $1268.

As of Dec. 10 2002, eligibility for a public defender is a maximum income of $248/month or $2976 a year . WI ACLU

top topics

join