It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in Outer Space....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I am sure most of what I am going to write here has been written, re-written, edited, believed, and not believed....

Life in Outer Space, or outer space...

We, and scientists as a whole, believe that 'life' could not exist on any of the 'hostile' planets that we all know of.. Venus, Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, etc...
We are Carbon based life forms. Why could there not be other forms of life that are not Carbon based?

Quantum Physics is just now realizing that matter is not what we originally thought it to be.

Why not life forms that are light based? Energy based? Science shows us that there are complex lifeforms living at the bottom of our oceans. These lifeforms were said NOT to exist 50 years ago.
As science and technology catches up with theory and thought, I am sure we will discover and learn of other life forms that we can not measure by traditional methods.

ANY THOUGHT ONE THIS?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Non-carbon lifeforms have been theorized for years. I think that they have even discovered a silicon-based lifeform (I maybe wrong on that). I beleive that there is definately life "out there". That life may well indeed not be life as we know it. Hopefully our future generations will be able to determine this once they find.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more. I have often wondered why, in the search for life,scientists always seem to dismiss any planets that don't have conditions similar to our own. Just because we cannot live there it doesn't mean other life forms (intelligent ones too) can't live there. Well said!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Homo Sapiens have long evolved on this planet and why not other planet's lifeforms?

I am sure someone out there will smash this thread....but, that's welcome.
Debate is healthy.

There are all kinds of 'things' floating around in space, meteors, our space junk, ice formations, and who knows what else.

I believe that anything is possible.

Our ancestors once believed that the Earth was round.
At one time, we did not even conceive the idea of microscopic bacteria.

Now, we have the ability to see into cells and beyond.

The further we look the more astonding the results we find.

Energy is what makes our material world a reality.
Tiny little particles of light, amazing......

More Things to be discovered.....
Anyone Care To Comment?

top topics

join