It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets organize an ATS Moon Probe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Lets put an end to these endless Moon Structure Anomalies.
How much would it cost to send an ATS member led mission to put an end the endless Moon conspiracies. With a few sponsers it may not be all that hard to do.
With the technology today it would not be hard to send a Mars style Rover or even just a low orbiting Satelite may be adequate with the Camera technology now available.
We can put to rest all the questions once and for all as we would be incharge of all the data that was collected.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What a good idea!
If we manned it with members we find annoying it could be a one way trip

Who should go first then?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well it might cost a bit more to send actual people, but hey if they tick people off that much then why not.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Or.. We just go to Russia with a big sack of cash. They send people into space all the time for the right amount of money.. Hell, we could probably buy a couple people to send up there from their mafia.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Now THATS a good idea. Afterall NASA are doing exactly that.

www.cnn.com...

NASA will pay the Russian Federal Space Agency $21.8 million per passenger for Soyuz rides to and from the international space station (ISS) starting this spring.

NASA spokeswoman Melissa Mathews said January 5 that the U.S. space agency and its Russian counterpart concluded a $43.8 million deal just before New Year's Day that includes Soyuz transportation to and from the space station for NASA's newly named Expedition 13 crew member, Jeff Williams, and a ride home for astronaut Bill McArthur, who has been living onboard the station since October.

Pity america has to use Russian taxis to get to space, its somewhat demeaning....

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Do you think a 3 megapixel camera taped onto a remote control car will do the trick on the surface?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Theres that whole issue of.. You know.. Gravity. Buying a bomb robot isn't terribly hard, and considering the kind of budget we would we working on to get ourselves into the great beyond, a bomb robot isn't that far out there. A rough estimate:

600,000-400,500,000 USD to get into space. (Russian going rate, and probably our best bet..)
Christ nows how much for bomb bot
10,000 USD for slaves to send into space (optional)
2-4 near suicidal people in liue of the above

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
umm, launch costs into LEO are HUGE! They are in the millions of dollars range.

The Russian Space Agency will take you to the moon though. For $100 million...

Tourist Flights to the Moon to Cost $100M — Russian Space Official

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ok we just have to find 100 million then we can control the remote control car from the capsule...lol...sounds like a plan

(Looks in wallet...........a few moths escape..)

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There is one more thing to keep in mind while planning this...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Where will it all end..

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
When they start to screen people for buying shoes.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberWasp
Lets put an end to these endless Moon Structure Anomalies.
How much would it cost to send an ATS member led mission to put an end the endless Moon conspiracies. With a few sponsers it may not be all that hard to do.
With the technology today it would not be hard to send a Mars style Rover or even just a low orbiting Satelite may be adequate with the Camera technology now available.
We can put to rest all the questions once and for all as we would be incharge of all the data that was collected.

Hey WASP, I actually suggested this 6 months ago on this site. It got some great feedback and of course some negative feedback.

I suggested that ATS (select members) with help from some external advice could build the rover. As our goals would be far less than that of NASA's we could devote more resources to a higher surface propulsion speed, range and imaging.

We just get the Russians to launch it, because frankly building or buying a launch vehicle and facilitie to launch would just be too expensive. That leaves tracking and monitoring, which with help from external advice could be managed by ATS members.

Its very possible that this goal could be obtained. With a few good investors, and a site to get out the word; I think it could happen. Look at TrekUnited, they were a site dedicated to keeping Star Trek Enterprise on TV. They recieved 3 million in one donation.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'll be your sky jockey. Might be fun to see the great black beyond, and a fine way to die if I do say so. (Astronauts who die are always heroes.. Never here about one of them being drunk at the control board)

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If you really want to get involved in space research, then I would suggest anyone reading this thread should get involved with the Planetary Society.

They recently attempted to launch a solar sail into orbit, which failed (possibly due to launcher failure, although there was a differing reason given by the Russians, so that the launcher wouldn't be blamed).

Anyway, look here:

The Planetary Society

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I call first for going to the moon!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey Starfleet Command. I am sorry but I didn't realise you had already covered the topic.
Like you I think it would be achievable with a few good investors. I mean there is some good advertising to be had by any company who got involved in such a project.
Example exposure to one of the major car companies for designing / sponsering the cost of the Rover.
Exposure to one of the Camera / Optical comapnies for the Camera equipment.
Once you break up all the key components the list goes on as to what oportunities investors would have to associate their name with what hopefully would be one of mankinds biggest discoveries.

top topics

join