It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bells wife Ramona passes away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I was just keeping an ear open tonight on Coast to Coast and George Norry had just said that Art Bells wife of 15 years died last nightfrom a severe asthma attack. My prayers are with Art Bell and his family right now. As most of us know from his nightly show Art lived for his wife. I am asking every member here on A.T. S. to say a little prayer for Art and his family during this sad chapter of his life.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I am asking every member here on A.T. S. to say a little prayer for Art and his family during this sad chapter of his life.

I certainly will...what a shame...

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Art Bell is in the true pioneer. He IS a true living legend in broadcasting issues that other radio stations would not even touch. From the reading I have done to the thousands of hours I have spent hearing his voice or the airwaves, he was in love with Ramona since the first time their eyes met. Everywhere Art went, Ramona was not too far behind. I would like to suggest to one of the Mods. about setting up some type fund so we the members of ATS, could send to Art showing our un-ending love and support for him in this dark hour for. He will need all the support he can get and I say let's get something started.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I am very sorry to hear this. They were a team.......

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I am so sorry. What a horrible blow. I know she meant the world to Art. He wont recover from this one.

My prayers are with Art and the family. So sad.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I surely know that they loved each other...
And he's a native Nevadan...it willl be big news out here..

All my best to ARt, and his family..

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Man, and she was just on during the New Year's prediction show. I've been listening to Art since '96 and I know Ramona was a big part of his life...

I also remember someone during the predictions show saying that this year would bring great joy to Art's life. Hmph.

[edit on 1/6/2006 by Flinx]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Bless his heart! My prayers.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I dont know what makes me the way i am
but i am having a hard time trying to cope with this. maybe its because i've listened to him for so long that he's my nightime friend.

I get attached to people on the radio just like i get attached to people here at ATS, and real life.

This is keeping me awake. God rest her soul.

By the way, i didnt know you could die from an asthma attack in your sleep? Wouldnt she have struggled for breath?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Wow...I"m floored! My sencerest condolences go to Art for his loss. Every married man dreads this thing. I'm going to pray very hard for Art this night.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Supposedly, they were so in love that they were together every single day of their marriage. Never a day apart.

How it will affect Art, nobody knows. My best wishes go out to him.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
From living with 2 severe asthmatics, I can tell you that you can die from asthma attacks at any time, awake, asleep or in an oxygen tent gasping for air. It is a dangerous illness that many do not take seriously. It is a great tragedy to hear of such a death. My wishes for great strength in this time go to Mr. Bell and family.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
There is one thing that I think is weird about this tragic accident. It would seem to me that she would have had a dose of Epieneprine on hand at the least along with an inhaler. I am allergic to flying insect bites and have several dose's of this at hand at all times. Also, I did not know you could die from an asthma attack in your sleep.
Given time, Art will come out of this o.k. I hope. Like that old saying goes " Time heals all wounds " Thanks for the picture because it is the first time I've seen her. Rest in Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont know what makes me the way i am
but i am having a hard time trying to cope with this. maybe its because i've listened to him for so long that he's my nightime friend.

I agree 100%. You can just feel the gut wrenching loss he has. I don't know Art personally but I think his personality is not that different than most of us who are interested in the "secret" part of life. I was listening to him when I could just barely pick up his Sunday night broadcast from Vegas, before Coast even existed...and then he got bigger and bigger. He's been with me on long trips in my car, painting a house in the middle of the night, and getting me through college while I studied in the middle of the night. Every time I went to Vegas or was driving on the freeway, I loved knowing he was on the air to make a boring trip exciting by radio.

Even when my life sucked, it was always great to escape to his world and his voice.

I think what bothers me is that I can't return the favor.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Boogie, you are so right. He was with me at my low points and my high points in life. He was my release at night, along with his music and voice while i was tucked in and i suffer for his loss.

I hope he will recover from this. I dont expect him to be on the air for a long time, if ever.

new topics

top topics

join