It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions against MONSANTO !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I understand this entity might not meet the criteria to be considered as a 'terrorist' by this government, (because they run it), or the people of this nation,
but I would like for some of you who are interested in what this government is feeding 'the people' to check into this, please.

And I'm sorry to introduce to you another problem when it may appear to be another one that we cannot fix, especially when it concerns all of our food products.
If you are not interested in the synthetic chemicals they inject into our dairy products or the genetically modified food that we cannot escape, scroll down to the picture of the white house on the main page....
ain't that sweet !

A bunch of stankin' ass drug dealers got us baby.

organicconsumers.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That list of mug shots is classic and not surprising at all. :shk:

Nice find.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Millions against Monsanto, But Billions of profit on Monsanto !

I hear what you are saying about Monsanto, but as long as we need to eat, and I do like to eat, and feed people through out the globe, we are going to need a company like Monsanto to stop the bugs and kill the weeds and grow crops in areas of the world that are unable to produce enough crops and livestock to survive.

If it was not Monsanto, it would be Dupont !

"quote"

Monsanto earnings beat forecasts
By Rachel Melcer
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
01/04/2006

Monsanto Co. continued to impress Wall Street on Wednesday, this time with its first-quarter results: Sales grew by 31 percent over the same period a year ago, and earnings per share hit 22 cents, beating analysts' expectations.

link to story in the St. Louis Post Dispatch yesterday.
www.stltoday.com...

Monsanto gets OK to sell new type of modified corn
By Rachel Melcer
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
01/03/2006

www.stltoday.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
For a short period of time I tried to farm 5 acres of land by myself, so I completely understand the luxuries that pesticides and herbicides provide a farmer with.
But what I cannot accept is that this company, as well as the other biotechnology giants, are always on the defensive side when it comes to destroying the lives of human beings.
It's not as if any of these companies have genetically modified our food sources to make us healthier, stronger, and smarter... they just claim to put more food on out plates. Which is not true either.
Initially, monsanto used the 'we can feed the world' card to genetically modify our food supply. Today, the typical farmer cannot find a non GE seed to plant in his fields.

I started this thread in the 'war on terror' forum, hoping that it would bring some awareness to people who are in the mood to fight, or fight about a war.
I'm sure 'The Fragile Earth' is a wonderfull forum for like minded people to communicate, but UGHhhhh , , THIS is what we should be fighting for.
The Fragile Earth.

These people are obviously the terrorist we need to eradicate, even if they don't have a turbin wrapped around their heads!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

but as long as we need to eat, and I do like to eat

And as we twiddle our thumbs the topsoil continues to erode... this technology could render that moot as well as rid ourselves the need for many pesticide(if not all), read the link. It brings agriculture practices into the 20th century
Fabricating structures made for this purpose instead of re-purposing used cargo containers will bring it into the 21st century if it had solar cells imbedded into the actual structure itself, and passive heating and OLED lighting imbedded into the "drywall" to provide energy efficient light for the crops. It could also ease the fuel crises in that it could be used for producing biofuels right near where they are needed most.

These people are obviously the terrorist we need to eradicate, even if they don't have a turbin wrapped around their heads!

Militancy is never the answer. We need to out innovate them to take back what is rightfully ours. It is possible if you work for what you want.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by sardion2000]
How bout now?

www.wired.com...

[edit on 5-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That link never would open, but this is another possibility that would help us all too. If by some miracle it was to be used by the farms responsible for producing 99% of the grain in this country.
www.composttea.com...
The possibilities are endless.

"Militancy is never the answer. We need to out innovate them to take back what is rightfully ours. It is possible if you work for what you want."

I'm looking for something along the lines of actually accomplishing something before we are suffocated by our own mistakes. The chances of out innovating Monsanto are slim to none, they have also taken over all of the major university labratories. So when a student does discover something new, or does a study that links cancer to some of the pesticides and herbicides provided by Monsanto... the college cannot report the findings because the majority of their funding comes from.....
guess who?

I want to bite the hand that feeds me, then decapitate some of these two headed snakes that are representing us, when they are the same people who sold us to drug dealers.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
...as long as we need to eat...we are going to need a company like Monsanto to stop the bugs and kill the weeds.

The only way Monsanto stops bugs and kills weeds is by creating genetically modified organisms immune to the harshest bio-poisons... then they coat fields with these poisons... killing off everything except for perfect McDonalds french fries. Yummy. Sounds like something I'd like to eat for sure.

Read "Silent Spring" or "Botany of Desire"

Choose organic...

and grow crops in areas of the world that are unable to produce enough crops and livestock to survive.

These folks are doing a great job of just that: ECHO

And amazingly without GMO's, pesticides, monocrops, and chemical fertilizer.

If it was not Monsanto, it would be Dupont !

Monsanto is Dupont

The agreement creates the kind of non-merger monopoly that is overlooked by government regulators

Originally posted by Sardion2000
Militancy is never the answer

I do as the Lord commands. For everything there is a season.

"A time for War, a time for Peace." Ecclesiastes 3

Sri Oracle

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There are still sites online where you can purchase non-GM seed.

What is going on is agri-business is grabbing power over the farmers. If you don't use their GM seed, you don't grow. It was sold to the farmers as "bigger and better". It certainly isn't better. How many people remember what a tomato is supposed to taste like? How about potatoes? Even okra tastes like cucumbers.

This spring I'm having a professional work over my garden, take out the tree roots and chokecherry, and deeply roto-till in some good soiL, some that I will be digging up from along the creekbed out back where leaves have been decomposing for centuries. Some horse doo and peat moss. He's not going to be selling me anything either, I know what I need and want.

I actually found a site, Yoder, online that sells popcorn that tastes like it is suppsed to. Another 20 years, people won't know what food is supposed to taste like. You can garden in a bucket and big 4 1/2 gallon buckets are free from your grocery store's bakery. I frequent Farmers' Markets and I know the good growers. I try to buy as much from them as I can to support them. We can fight back in a small way, if we don't buy their stuff they might notice. A generation is growing up now that hasn't tasted real corn-on-the-cob. We're going to pay for this in time.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I might as well throw this link in here....for those interested in additional information on GM products.

(submission) (sci/tech) Genetically Modified Foods: Unborn Babies at Risk?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
U.S. INSPECTOR GENERAL SLAMS USDA ON GENE-ALTERED CROPS

www.organicconsumers.org...

Two quotes from the same article:

"In many cases, the report said, regulators did not even know the
locations of field trials for which they granted permits. "

"The audit did not find any instances of known harm to public health or
the environment. "

It sounds more like they are discussing the chemical structure of a waste treatment facility instead of the experiments being conducted on genetically modified crops.
Since the men behind this science are also behind the same dark curtain as our government officials, it does not raise any red flags with the american people or any of our other protection agencies since they are just conducting experiments on crops...
it's not like anybody else has approached this issue as one where they are making fun of the f'd up lab-rat's after they get to dope them up...
oops, I mean "genetically enhance".

Maybe PETA can help!

Don't give up ya'll.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alikospah

This spring I'm having a professional work over my garden, take out the tree roots and chokecherry, and deeply roto-till in some good soiL, some that I will be digging up from along the creekbed out back where leaves have been decomposing for centuries. Some horse doo and peat moss. He's not going to be selling me anything either, I know what I need and want.

If you are in the Arizona area, call Mark at "The Catylist Product Group" , he was more than willing to work with me on small quantities which is great considering my new garden is in the alley behind my house. It won't be big enough to replace all of the produce and vegetables that we have been buying at the market, but it will make it much easier to lower our poison intake from conventional grocery store purchasing.

If you are interested in some of the best tomato's and source of information in the world, contact TomatoBob @ Heirloom Tomato's
For all of your other heirloom seed needs, this site gives you the opportunity to shop for everything from pumpkins herbs and peas.

BE AWARE of the latest information and controversy concerning the "Terminator seeds", "suicide seeds" or as one group calls it, "The Exorcist Technology".

Maybe there is a reason people should be upset that the 'superpower' of the world is at ONE with this type of agri-science.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I suppose it never occured to anyone to consider the reliability of the organization that runs that particular web site?

www.activistcash.com...

and use the drop down menu under 'Activist Group' to the Organic Consumers Association.

LOL!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There is some confusion about organic. It involves methods, they use good soil, no chemicals and take care of the growing medium.

Some do grow heirloom, "real" vegetables but many grow GM vegetables and no matter how good the soil, how natural the fertilizers, it is not going to taste like the real thing.

Organics are enjoying a heyday now but those of us who remember what things are supposed to taste like, know the difference quickly.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just posted this somewhere else but it really belongs here...

Shows the link between Monsanto, a company that makes products that
cause cancer, and Antigenics, a company that sells cancer 'cures.' ...Ongoing
exposure to cancer triggers will guarantee 'recurrence,' and return sales.

Monsanto and the Pollution of Anniston, Alabama

In the Washington Post article (Jan 1, 2002) "Monsanto Hid Decades Of
Pollution PCBs Drenched Ala. Town, But No One Was Ever Told" a grim story of
Monsanto's treacherous behavior in Anniston Alabama was revealed. It is
summed up in this chilling paragraph: "They also know that for nearly 40
years, while producing the now-banned industrial coolants known as PCBs at
a local factory, Monsanto Co. routinely discharged toxic waste into a west
Anniston creek and dumped millions of pounds of PCBs into oozing open-pit
landfills. And thousands of pages of Monsanto documents -- many
emblazoned with warnings such as "CONFIDENTIAL: Read and Destroy" --
show that for decades, the corporate giant concealed what it did and what it
knew."

Monsanto
Monsanto in Anniston

"In 1966, Monsanto managers discovered that fish submerged in that
creek turned belly-up within 10 seconds, spurting blood and shedding skin as
if dunked into boiling water. They told no one."

Sylvester Harris, 63, an undertaker who lived across the street from the
plant, said he always thought he was burying too many young children.
'I knew something was wrong around here,'
he said.

The jury in Gadsden, Ala., a town 20 miles from Anniston, yesterday held
Monsanto and its corporate successors liable on all six counts it considered:
negligence, wantonness, suppression of the truth, nuisance, trespass and
outrage. Under Alabama law, the rare claim of outrage typically requires
conduct "so outrageous in character and extreme in degree as to go beyond
all possible bounds of decency so as to be regarded as atrocious and utterly
intolerable in civilized society."

MONSANTO LIABLE - COVERED UP POLLUTION FOR MORE THAN 40 YEARS

Also see: More About Monsanto

THE MONSANTO-ANTIGENICS LINK:

Chairman of Monsanto Elected to Antigenics Board of Directors

About Antigenics

Antigenics’ mission is to enhance and extend human lives through the
development of superior health care products for a wide range of cancers,
infectious diseases, and autoimmune and degenerative disorders.
The
company’s cancer portfolio includes Oncophage®, a personalized cancer
vaccine in Phase III trials and on the US Food and Drug Administration’s fast
track development program for kidney cancer and melanoma; and two
liposomal products in Phase II development: Aroplatin™, a third-generation
platinum chemotherapeutic, and ATRA-IV, a form of vitamin A. Other products
in development include QS-21, an immune adjuvant being tested in several
advanced clinical vaccine programs in partnership with leading pharmaceutical
companies, and AG-702, a genital herpes immunotherapeutic agent in Phase I
testing.

...So Monsanto gives ya cancer, and Antigenics sells ya the cure.

Get it?

Kewl huh?

[edit on 28-2-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
well i have to say youve fallen under the spell of a good story teller.

1 that story of monsanto is false b/c if hes growing seed for roundup ready crops he did sign a contract(i should know we grow the same thing) you have to sign a contract. second is the cross polanation was b/c the farmer didnt do the process right there. the way it works you use there seed and if YOU mess it up you have to pay for it just like renting anything.

people are allways scared of what they dont know. thats why GM scares people b/c they dont know anythign about it.

2. GM crops dont cause any cancer or retardation or any mutation. i have eaten GM crops sece i was born and i have seen no ill efects i have also handeld the GM seed we grow GM seeds nothigns wrong with them

some of you need to relax about GM its just a fad as back in the day we where scared to sail off the face of the earth b/c evry one knew the world was flat and they had proof lol

peace out

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alikospah

The Heirloom seeds are great. I purchased tomato seeds to grow in a container and everything about them was wonderful. I believe that you can also save the seeds from the tomato for next years planting. That also is something that appeals to me in this crazy world. I believe the seeds are not hybrids.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Absolutely save the seeds! Same if you happen to run across a natural non-GM Bell Pepper, Chili, Okra, etc. Save the seed, you can always grow your own and be sure of what you'll get.

That's the trouble with the GM varieties aside from not tasting like the real thing. The intent is to produce sterile seed so the growers will forever be dependent on agri-business for their seed. If you don't buy their seed, you don't grow.

But still the worst of it is that the vegetables taste nothing like the original that was produced by our ancestors down thru' thousands of years of selecting the best. That accomplishment has been undone within a generation. Many younger people don't know what tomatoes, corn, or potatoes should taste like because they've never tasted the real thing. That's also part of the plan.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
plan pish

i have spent my whole life around gm and non gm corn. if you had done recearch you would have found out that gm foods are made to taste better to keep longer and be more resistant to there enviroment. in corn there is basic#2(nonGM) and many difrent gm variaties (same with sweet corn) and the basic #2 while is easer to sell has smaller ears less test weight less starch count and higher moisture. this in its self is enough to prove it is better. gm was b\never designed for casual gardaners it is mainly for farmers. ill tell you right now ive had non GM sweet corn and GM sweet corn all my life the gm has less bugs bigger ears and a MUCH MUCH better taste. when we talk about gm it is about fireiring a gold "shell" carring desired genetic traits its not a bunch of scientists trying to controol the world i know some scientists that work on these projects and i know all they are trying to do is make the world a better place nd you people are doing nothign but throwing it right back in there faces

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Are you willingly going to eat this stuff? I won't, I haven't eaten corn for 9 years because it doesn't taste or smell like the corn I remember.

www.newswithviews.com...

join