It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the unintended alien invaders?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I was just wondering... If aliens are in fact visiting planet earth, shouldn't we be seeing some of their animals reeking havoc on our ecosystems?

Since man has been exploring his own planet, Europeans visiting the Americas, Australia, Africa, etc., he has been taking uninvited guests with him. Rats stowed away on ships. The same goes for flies, mosquitoes, etc. etc. And not to mention the plants that were spread through seeds. All unintended. In many cases the animals and plants didn't have natural predators (enemies?) in their new habitats and took over completely. The Australian rabbit problem is a perfect example. Native trees and entire forests in several national parks, including Great Smoky Mountains and Glacier National Parks, are falling victim to introduced insects and diseases.

This is off course the reason why there's such strict control over the transport of food (fresh fruits and vegetables), plants and animals.

Now, if aliens are visiting our planet wouldn't we see some alien wildlife (in the true sense of the word) from time to time? Even if it was microscopic? Imagine the story of War of the Worlds, and how our "germs" killed the aliens, but in reverse. Couldn't they spread diseases to us? Even if they thought a certain microbe to be "safe" because its harmless to them, it could possibly kill us...

Or is this maybe the connection between aliens and Bigfoot, Chupacabra, etc?

[Edit: Spelling]

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Couldn’t the current epidemical diseases be the product of such visits? Also how about some abnormalities in life forms on earth? It is believed for example that frog abnormalities are due to UV light, but what if this is in the fact product of such visits?

And finally, I don’t believe that interstellar visit will be like Europeans discovering west worlds. Even we, humans would not do that now.

In overall, very interesting topic.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is an interesting and pretty fresh question...

Of course, the other one is, how do we know they haven't? From mad cow to bird flu, we could have already experienced such upsets. Perhaps the chupacabra is such a "parasite"? But it's an interesting and knew "what if"....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would have thought that aliens would be pretty much sterile in terms of micro-organisms in their skin and body,due to their technological superiority.So i wouldnt have any unease over any "invaders" in that respect,as well as the fact you dont see any cats or dog equivalent in any ufo's or much of anything else in them as well.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by bmdefiant]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Or is this maybe the connection between aliens and Bigfoot, Chupacabra, etc?

Heh, I visualize the image of the Bigfoot or Yeti as a 'rodent' accidentally transported in a spaceship to earth, sneaking out of the vessel, as it lands.

"Why, that's a BIG rat you've got there, son..."

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Once again, the thinking and concepts are based on our own unique civilisation, of our history, our politics, our technologies to understand 'beings' that could achieve interstellar space travel.

Lets presume the owners of UFO are 'off-world' and what we understand of science, of which is not much, is taken into account of our understanding the universe.

I am not sure if science as we know it is the same throughout universe, which i doubt so, due the constant discoveries and breakthru in our own earthbound understandings.

Example:- a mere 40 years ago, scientists would laughed at 'stealth' technology and consigned it to the realm of RocketMan and science fiction and 'fringe' sciences. Yet today, even kids are familiar and even taught stealth technology! I would not be surprised if today's science fiction will further become science fact 20 years later, and debunkers who laughed at the 'fringe' scientists today would be hiding in shame or brazenly speak with forked tongues tomorrow. My point is that there is still too much unknown to safely say ' The laws of science had been discovered, is the same throughout the universe, and any other theories are fringe science'.

To travel into space is not as easy as piloting a ship or get a plane ticket to Denver. It involves several disciplines and would need an 'expansion of cranium tissues', figuratively speaking, to understand it all. And in that expansion of mind and thoughts, logic and rationality will ultimately rule over sentimental or baser emotions, if such 'owners' of high tech space travelling UFO has them.

We took 4000 years of recorded history, civilisation, advancement to realize today, blacks and whites and yellows and what nots are the same - we are all human race, amongst many rational thoughts and philosophies to arrive where we at this point of time, and much more to go before we can as a race living in harmony with ourselves and our planet. My point is, wouldnt such UFO owners would had evolved enough to know what they are doing and thus do not behave as we, only a maturing civilisation, expect them to?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well if the aliens came from a planet whos atmoshphere was based on carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen in a similar mix to ours, with a similar atmospheric pressure and cosmic/sun radiation level, then yes perhaps their presence could affect our environment.

Otherwise I really dont think alien species would be able to survive on our planet. Perhaps this is why we always see craft in the air, but no beings wandering about on the ground - their bodies simply cant handle our atmosphere! Remember, things adapt to their surroundings and evolve to perform better within it, so a particulr alien species may be used to 300 degree heat and 'air' containing mostly helium for all we know!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well, as far as alien plant life goes, I would like to suggest the Venus Flytrap as a possible contender... The mechanism which it uses to catch it's "prey" only happens in that strain of plants... It has not evolved naturally in any other type of plant. And the fact that the plants only "natural" (on earth at least) habitat is within a 100 mile radius of a large crater in California (I think it was California, can't remember exactly) shows to me it may have something to do with that crater. Even though it probably wasn't transported on an alien ship, I believe the plants seeds may have traveled to Earth on a comet or asteroid, and spread out around the blast area with the original nutrients from it's home to thrive. Why else do they not grow wild ANYWHERE else?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Actually SpankyQuinton there are over 600 species and sub species of carnivorous plants that are know today.
Carnivours Plants FAQ

Carnivorous Plants Taxometry

[edit on 5-1-2006 by kenshiro2012]

new topics

top topics

join